XXVI| Spheres

|Hades|

To be the worthy goddess means that you were chosen by Cronus and Rhea—my parents—to become a divine being because you literally deserve it; she has always been destined to be so. Her eyes are turquoise blue like the ones of Poseidon, the fire in her soul is like the eternal flame that keeps the souls of the underworld protected and her heart is made of gold, like that of Zeus' crown...only much better.

She'll be the goddess my parents wished they could've had as a daughter. The transformation process can last years or days or hours, that solely depends on my angel's strength which is vast. She'll get it done quickly and probably disintegrate me when she's alive; I deserve it.

"Hades, she's not going anywhere, you need to eat and rest," Athena said as she entered the room.

I shook my head, contemplating my angel "She could wake up any minute now and I don't want her to be alone when that happens."

My niece let out a deep sigh "What if she doesn't wake up—"

"She will."

"She could fail to transition and you need to consider that possibility; you have a son now and he is dependent of you. You cannot crumble."

A frown appeared upon my face "That won't happen because his mother is going to wake up and join us. You'll see," I stated, utterly sure of my wish. It can't just be a wish; the seed has already been planted in me and I won't rest until Azrael is back with me and our child who so dearly needs her.

An hour went by of me standing there, watching her turn into something that's my normal. She'll be a quintessential goddess, one that is going to change what it means to be a divinity. She is good and most of us are bastards, non-deserving greedy fuckers. I am not one of those because my whole life has been about doing what I'm told to keep my family intact and happy. Everyone hates me for it though.

Suddenly, a loud cry snapped me out of my trance "Fuck!" I turned around and rushed out of the room towards my bedroom where Diavolo was being held by none other then— "Zeus, unhand my baby," my irises turned black as wrath flooded my body.

"I don't think you would want that," he looked at me. "I've had many children, you mustn't be frightened."

"They're all scarred due to your exceptional parenting," I approached him and picked up Diavolo from the man's arms.

"Athena is not that scarred," Zeus stated as I walked over to his crib to pick up the bottle; it's time for him to eat. "She's the only one who's worth caring about."

My right eyebrow arched "Your children abhor you because you use their mothers and then dispose them."

"You know Hera—"

"Then stop fucking other creatures," I stated, looking down at my baby who quickly sucked on the bottle's nipple. "There you go, my prince."

Zeus got up on his feet "I've sensed it."

"I know," my eyes glanced at him. "Mother and father have chosen her to become something greater than us."

My brother scoffed "There's hardly anything greater than me."

"Your heiress split your head in two and was born in full armour, fucking idiot, she holds the only weapon that can kill a god."

"That's why I said 'hardly', dumb fuck," he told in a duh tone.

A deep sigh left my mouth "What do you want, Zeus? You never diminish yourself to come down to visit your brother," it's heartbreaking but I'm used to it. "You can't let me be happy?"