I|Exquisite

|Azrael|

"Here, mom," I placed the cold towel on her forehead "rest. I'll be back in an hour with the groceries and James."

She just nodded weakly which worries me, I have to get her the medicines as soon as possible even if I have to prostitute myself for them.

|Hades|

"Be good Cerberus," I said to the handsome dog at my feet "daddy has to go get some souls," I squatted down in front of him and scratched the back of his ears "but he'll be back for dinner, I promise. I'll bring you a human thigh and heart," he barked excitedly making me chuckle "be good and guard our humble abode," I winked and he was no longer in front of me but by the souls' river with two more heads sticking out of his neck, about a thousand times bigger than he is when I walk him in the human world.

The first person on my list today is someone named Isabella Marriot who is sick, very sick but as I read under her name on the list: awful behavior to anyone who has ever come across her (make it painful) so first case today is going to be fun. I've also read we've been making her suffer for a couple of months so maybe I should turn off every organ, one by one so she feels this oozing pain flooding her body.

Fun. I don't like the sun not that I don't like my nephew Apollo or Helios but the underworld doesn't get a lot of natural light; reason of my fair complexion and black sunglasses covering my green orbs.

So this Isabella lives in the second floor of an apartment building a few blocks away from the Colosseum. There were stairs and I don't mind them but I want to finish this one fast, next one is in Greece so I want to hit some nude beaches before moving onto America.

"All right," I snapped my fingers and was inside the tiny apartment; small kitchenette by a door which hides the bathroom then you turn left and find yourself in the living room/first bedroom/dining room. The place was very minimalistic but it doesn't look like it was by choice although it was super tidy. Now this place does has a second floor which is connected to the first floor by a wooden staircase; I could smell the rotting body in that direction so I skipped up the steps.

Isabella Marriot, a woman with long brown hair resting on her breasts, fading green eyes, body of a skeleton although it was covered by a baby blue blanket. There was a towel resting on her forehead and she seemed to notice my presence.

"Who are you?" Her voice was hoarse.

"The devil in disguise," I said approaching her bedside; she has empty prescription bottles only so I looked in the drawer where I found a box with Xanax in it "good stuff," I swallowed the whole box of pills "anyway," I took my sunglasses off "you still have a couple of minutes left," I gazed at my watch "six to be exact."

"Am I gonna die?" She whimpered.

"Pretty much but you'll swim in my river forever," I grinned "the screams help me sleep at night," on the nightstand there was also a picture of a teenage brunette girl and a boy under ten "you have kids," I removed the towel from her forehead and wrapped my hand around her face to see her memories "oh," I smirked "someone is a bad mother," my hand went back to hanging beside my body "your daughter is pretty hot, might watch her shower for your funeral."

Then someone walked into the apartment "Mom!" A girl's voice "mom, I'm back but James went to—" she froze when her eyes found me beside her mother "wh-who are you?"