XXI| Heart of gold

|Athena|
|Four months later|

A deep frown appeared upon my face at the sight of Azrael sitting on the floor of the nursery, looking at the instructions to assemble the crib. She's been crying for the last two hours, just looking at it and sporadically rubbing her bump.

"You can't keep on spying on her, doll," Ares stood behind me as his arms laced around my waist.

"She clearly needs our help. She's been trying to assemble the crib for a week but every time she goes into the nursery she cries," a soft groan left my mouth at the feeling of the little goddess in my belly kicking.

"She's strong," Ares whispered into my right ear. "Both our daughter and Azrael are strong; she knows she can summon us and we'll be there in less than a second but until that happens, I don't think you should interfere. She's a proud woman."

My frown deepened as Azrael got up on her feet and left the room "She's not fine and won't be fine."

|Azrael|

Today my little baby boy is five months old. Athena has explained to me that the baby will grow at a normal rate since I'm not a deity but she's about to give birth, which is extremely exciting. I'm ecstatic for her and Ares...they look so in love and I envy them; I shouldn't be feeling this way but everything in me wishes that that could be Hades and me.

"Your father loves you deeply, baby," my hands cupped my bump as I stared out the window. "He can't wait for you to be born and to hold you in his arms so he can sing lullabies to you in every language..." it's stupid but I believe he can understand me and if so it's better for him to believe that he's his daddy's world.

Everyone in Olympus got what they wanted...for Hades to hate me and cast me out because humans aren't worthy of godly love. I'm not worthy of any sort of love for that matter or so it seems since life just keeps taking everyone away from me.

Before going back to bed—I sleep most of the day because of depression and my pregnancy—I ate some homemade chicken Marsala. Cooking keeps me sort of sane these days apart from speaking to my baby, of course.

Hades sent me to Greece after telling me it was up to me to decide what to do with the baby. The linens here are nice and soft and I've added some blankets since it's getting really cold.

I lay under the duvet and two white fuzzy blankets. My eyes were on the view of the ocean; it reminds me of the many mornings I woke up with Hades holding me as if someone was going to steal me from him.

As my eyes fluttered close, my mind traveled to the last sweet moment I shared with my fiancé—well, I'm not sure we are getting married anymore.

After my six-hour nap, I woke up feeling extremely nauseous which happens after every bit of sleep I get. My right hand reached for the bin by the bed to empty the contents of my stomach in it. There goes my lunch.

My eyes commenced watering at the sight of my empty bed; there's no Cerbie or Abaddon or Hades. He's punishing me for trying to get him back to his family. Is it deserved? To some degree but not like this, he could've just been mad at me for a week but he sent me away and doesn't ever come to check on me.

Every time my little baby kicks, I summon his father so he can come feel but apparently he doesn't care since he has never made himself present. Maybe he has moved on already and has a new woman by his side...I was easy to get, why shouldn't others be? He has the most bewitching eyes, his voice laces you like a drug and his touch is beyond anything describable.