Twenty Nine

They say all of your life flashes before you when you are about to die. Arya never figured out the purpose of it. Was it to recall everything they have done and haven't? Was it to look at their adored ones for the last time, even if it's in just memories?

She preferred to assume it was the latter. There were not many people in her life. Her father and mother were her entire world. Taehyung gave her a strange interpretation of what love could be. His father offered her a new family. Amara made her a mother. Jungkook made her realize her worth. Mia brought a lot of emotions out of her and there was Jimin who would pat her shoulder and curve up her lips into a grin every single time.

Looking back, she realized her life wasn't so awful. Sure, she lost her parents, but at least; she had people who genuinely loved her.

The car came to a halt. The gun, pointing to her head, slackened as someone pulled her out. She was blindfolded, but the echo of waves crashing told her she was somewhere far away, closer to a huge body of water. She held in her breath as they forced her somewhere.

Arya was petrified, but she couldn't afford to show it. The knife in her coat pocket and the gun she stole from Taehyung's father's room gave her a sense of assurance. She was yanked up the stairs as she felt the air getting colder and colder, hitting harshly against her skin.

She was forced to the ground on her knees before they took her blindfold off. Her gaze stayed on the ground. Footsteps neared her and a pair of shoes entered her line of sight.

"Tch." He responded, annoyed. "So sad we have to meet again under such circumstances."

He crouched to her level and took hold of the veil of her hair covering her face and tucked it behind her ear. She heard him take a sharp intake of breath.

"Beautiful." He whispered. "You look just how I imagined you would be." His fingers went to her cheek as she sealed her eyes shut, wishing nothing more than to run far away from him. 

"Where's Amara?" She finally demanded, staring at him. His eyes reminded her of that night. The predatory gaze made her shiver.

Jaden snapped his fingers and instantly a door opened, revealing Amara.

"Arya!" She screamed in delight upon seeing her. Arya sighed in relief.

"You want me. Let her go." Arya said through her clenched teeth. Enough, Jaden snapped his fingers again and Amara was let loose. She ran into Arya's arms.

"You are not hurt anywhere, are you?" She whispered, hugging the little one closer. Amara shook her head.

"I was so scared! It was so dark in that room! Can we go home now? I want to see mom and dad." Arya's eyes gleamed as she glared at Jaden, who was loving the sight.

"My men will drop her off near the street."

"I don't trust you." She hissed at him.

"How else do you plan on sending her back home?" He mocked her.

Arya stood up on her feet, placing Amara behind her as she glared at the monstrous man that took her joy away. She couldn't let him do it again. In a swift motion, she pulled the gun out of her coat and pointed it at Jaden. All of his men stood in front of him with their weapons up in defense.

Jaden only smirked, ordering everybody to relax. Arya knew she couldn't defend herself from him. He knew it too. All she was trying to do was buy time to plan an escape.

"Don't come closer. I won't hesitate to shoot you." Her hands quivered, sweat appeared on her forehead. She never felt so much dread, anxiety, and adrenaline all at once.

"Let's not make this complicated. If you don't want her to end up like your mother, listen to me." Arya gritted her teeth.

"You are despicable."

Clutching Amara closer to her, she moved backward one step at a time. Jaden watched her amusingly. He was sure Arya wouldn't let a bullet out of that gun, she was too good to kill anyone and that was his advantage. He would let her play. After all, what was more entertaining than chasing his prey?

Arya took a swift glimpse around her. They were on the top of a building, surrounded by water. That was it. It was her best pick. Jaden wouldn't see it coming. With the gun still pointing at him, she grabbed Amara's hand. Taking a sharp breath, she fired a round of bullets. Before anyone could figure out what was going on, she took Amara into her arms and took off running towards the edge.

"Get them!" She heard Jaden yell. A burning pain struck her shoulder, and she almost faltered in her steps. She couldn't stop. Not now. She couldn't give into him. Not again. Ignoring the bubbling pain in her body, she jumped.

Coldwater swallowed them altogether. Arya felt her energy fading away. She was losing blood too quickly. Despite everything dragging her down, she struggled and swam towards the surface with Amara secured on her back. She searched around and realized the waves had pulled them away from the building. She swam further until she noticed a rock.

She placed Amara on it while she caught her breath.

"Amara?" Arya shook the little, unmoving figure. Her eyes widened as she began to panic.

"Amara, wake up!" Arya pressed on her chest, trying to get her back.

Her body didn't agree. Her strength melted away, so did her sensibility. All she prayed was for somebody to find them before giving into the dark.