Ten

It was one of those hurtful days. Arya arrived at the studio in a pleasant mood. She was excited to inform Taehyung that she had scored highest in her class in Korean grammar. She wanted to thank him for spending his time teaching her the other night.

But Mia was already there. Like always, Taehyung and Mia sat in each other's arms while Arya focused on moping the floor the rest of the evening. Taehyung never glanced at her, let alone notice her presence. It had always been like that. Everytime Mia was around, Arya was invisible to him.

No matter how much Arya wanted to convince herself that Mia was just a fling, Taehyung's eyes always showed her the bitter truth. He was in love. He looked at Mia like he had seen light for the first time.

"I had a dream last night." Mia stated with a hint of pink appearing on her cheeks.

"And in that dream, we got married and had two kids." Taehyung chuckled fondly.

"In a few years, it won't be a dream anymore." He rested his against a her's and whispered, "It will be our reality."

Mia was a blushing mess and Arya couldn't bare to look at them anymore but her head turned their way again and again.

"I want more than two kids." Taehyung teased.

"And if we have a daughter, we will name her Amara." Mia suggested.

"Why Amara?"

"Amara means eternal. Just like our love."

* * *

Arya didn't hate Mia. Was she jealous? Yes, but it was never beyond that. People couldn't help who they fall in love with. Arya fell for Taehyung but it wasn't anywhere written in the universe that he had to fall for her.

Mia was the center of his world and watching them felt like needles pricking her heart. When they both separated, Arya thought her heart break would stop. She didn't realize Taehyung's heartbreak would affect her too. He came to the dance studio but not to dance just to cry and let his pain out. Arya watched from behind a pillar. She didn't know how to comfort him but it hurt her heart that watching was all she could do.

Looking down at sleeping Amara, she couldn't help but think how Mia died. Mia was Taehyung's only hope. He lived with the hope that he would see her again someday. Arya wondered how he was taking all of it.

There was a knock on her door and it opened revealing Taehyung's dad peeking in.

"She's asleep." Arya signed to him. He sat down at the edge of the bed, looking at Amara.

"I hope this little girl will soften his heart." He whispered.

"Taehyung's heart has always been soft, dad. It's the walls around his heart that are hard."

"You know about him more than me." Arya smiled, sadly.

"What's the point? There's no future for us." Arya looked down at Amara. "I hope he will be able to move on for her."

"They haven't got any closure." He stated. "Mia was abruptly snatched away from Taehyung. They both didn't get to say any last words to eachother. I think it stuck with Taehyung for so long and he couldn't just shake it off."

"Why did they break up?"

"Mia's parents are huge industrialists. They wanted their daughter to marry some of their status. Taehyung was not what they wanted. When they found about them dating, well," He let out a huge sigh."That was the end of it. Taehyung didn't hear from her again."

"Sometimes I feel it's my fault. If I was richer, Taehyung would still have Mia and I wouldn't have to see him like this." Sadness seeped through his voice.

"Don't say that. You did what you could. I'm sure Taehyung knows it as well. He certainly doesn't blame you." Arya tried to soothe him. He let out a smile.

"On the other hand, you came into our lives. You have been the daughter I always wanted, and don't think you failed. It was because of you Taehyung is just bad and not worse."

Arya played with her fingers, and asked the question that had been itching her.

"How did she die?" Taehyung's dad's smile dropped.

"It was an accident. In her last moments, Mia wished Amara to be in Taehyung's care."

After Taehyung's dad carried Amara out of room, Arya made her way to Taehyung's bedroom. It was already midnight and she contemplated going in.

Moreover, he might not want her in his presence or he might be sleeping. Arya was about to leave when she heart sobs erupting from his room. They were quiet and almost unnoticeable. Arya's felt her heart break for him. She wanted to comfort him but her conscience said no.

Arya knew how it felt to lose someone close to heart. She experienced it first hand when her dad died. She knew how hard it was to deal with that kind of pain.

Taehyung may detest her but knowingly or unknowingly, he helped her through difficult days. He helped her get over the pain of her loss. It was one of the reasons why she fell in love with him. There was so much warmth within Taehyung, but it was all stored only for Mia.

Between the battle of her thoughts, Arya found herself twisting the door knob. She saw Taehyung sitting on the floor, against his bed as his shoulders shook from crying hard.

Arya bit her lip, taking silent steps towards him and laid her hand in his shoulder. Taehyung flinched and looked up at her. Arya waited for him to shout at her or say anything but he didn't. The pain and tears in his eyes told her he needed someone at that moment. Someone he could be vulnerable with.

Arya sat down beside him and grabbing his hand, she gently squeezed it, letting him know that she would be there for him and that he could confide in her. Fresh set of tears filled his eyes and in that moment, Taehyung broke down.