Eight

“Do you not have any bones in your body?” Arya questioned, amazed by how flexibly Taehyung moved while dancing. He chuckled, grabbing the water bottle off the floor. He took a long sip before answering.

“It takes years of practice. I have been dancing since I was a kid.” Taehyung leaned against the mirror watching her mop the floor. 

“Do you plan on becoming a choreographer?” Arya questioned and Taehyung’s expression turned dull.

“Dancing is just a hobby. It’s an escape. My mom wanted me to be a dancer, but she isn’t here anymore. I’m doing this for her.” 

Arya mentally hit herself for reminding of his sad times. 

“What about you? What do you do as a hobby?” Arya scoffed.

“Hobby? I don’t even have time to study. I have to help my mom run the household. I think these days, I have developed a fascination towards watching you dance. I guess that's my hobby." Taehyung let out a genuine laugh. 

“Do you want to dance with me?” Taehyung asked.

“Think you can teach me?” Arya challenged.

Taehyung walked towards Arya, holding out his hand. 

“I can’t guarantee you that, but I’ll make sure you don’t fall.” Arya giggled, placing her hands in his and they danced the evening away.

Arya stepped on Taehyung’s feet multiple times, apologized profusely while Taehyung waved it off.

They laughed too much and talked too much. For Arya, it was more than two friends spending time together. 

It was the first time her heart beat rapidly in his presence. That day Arya realised what she felt wasn’t just a crush anymore. It bloomed into something else.

__________

“I would be the most relieved person if that happens.” 

Jungkook clenched his fists in anger, resisting the urge to punch his best friend.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?! Arya has been here all along, trying to help you even after you pushed her away multiple times!” Jungkook finally put all of his anger into words.

“I don’t need help. She should have left when I pushed her away the first time.” Taehyung answered, looking at the picture of his daughter on his phone. 

“She loves you, man. She loves you so fucking much. If I had someone like her, I would never let them go. I’m warning you, Taehyung. You are blowing away the most precious thing in your life.” 

A part of Taehyung knew Jungkook’s words held truth. Arya loved him. Even a blind man could see that, but she didn’t have any right to step her way into his life trying to replace Mia.

“Arya deserves to know. Tell her before you bring the kid into this house. That’s the least you can do.” 

For the first time, Taehyung listened to Jungkook and knocked on Arya’s door. Lovers or not, he and Arya were wedded. Taehyung thought it was only fair she knew. Whether she agreed with it didn’t matter.