Fourteen

"What?" Taehyung's dad asked, baffled. Taehyung nodded, taking a sip of his coffee after he took Arya home in the afternoon.

"That bastard!" Taehyung's dad cursed, clenching his fists.

"Is he behind the bars?"

"Yeah. I made sure he doesn't get a bail either." Taehyung placed the cup in the sink.

"Let Arya rest. She hasn't gotten enough sleep last night." He walked upstairs with burning eyes from lack of sleep. He passed by Arya's room but stopped, stepping back. He silently twisted the door knob and found Arya under her sheets.

Taehyung felt some of his concern disappear but he knew what happened last night would haunt her for a while at the least. The fact he couldn't do anything to make it better made him feel absolutely useless.

He closed the door and walked into his room. He sat on the bed and instantly his eyes fell on Mia's box. He walked closer to desk and traced his fingers over it.

Maybe it was time he put the past behind. For Amara, whom Mia trusted him to care for.

Taehyung slowly eased the satin ribbon and opened the box. He felt a surge of pain in his heart. The box consisted all the things he gifted her. A bracelet, books, sandals, a sun dress, a pair of ear rings and many more things.

What about his countless kisses and immense love? How would she return it?

At the bottom of the box laid a bunch of letters neatly written in Mia's impeccable handwriting.

Dear Taehyung,

It's been a month. I'm married. He isn't like you. It doesn't feel right. He isn't a bad person either but sometimes I wish it was you instead. Maybe with time, I'll get used to it.

Love, Mia.

* * *

Dear Taehyung,

I am pregnant. He thinks the baby is his' but he doesn't have to know the baby growing inside me was conceived way before he touched me.

She is yours, indeed. Yours and mine. The result of our passionate night together. A symbol of the love we had.

Love, Mia.

* * *

Dear Taehyung,

I don't know why I write these when I very well know I'm never going to send these letters to you, but it helps me cope up with emptiness.

He's barely home. My stomach is blown up now. If you were here, I know you would never leave my side.

She kicks, everytime I whisper your name. She knows.

Love, Mia.

* * *

Dear Taehyung,

I think I'm finally getting used to the fact that this is my life. Amara's presence made it easier.

She smiles just like you. Mom noticed it right away but I know she won't tell anyone for the sake of her reputation.