Nine

Taehyung was smiling awfully much when Arya went to mop the studio that evening. There was no music playing and Taehyung wasn’t dancing as usual. The room was so quiet that she thought he hadn’t come to practice, but she found him sitting against the mirror, grinning at something in his hand. Arya smiled as she walked closer to him.

“What’s got you smiling so much?” She asked, sitting beside him. A blush crept his cheeks, as he held a beautiful ring in his hand.

“This.” Taehyung stated. “It was my mom's. I’m going to propose Mia, tomorrow.”

Arya’s smile dropped as she heard her heart breaking into tiny pieces.

“Do you think she will say yes?”

Arya forced a smile, gulping down her sadness.

“She loves you. Of course, she will say yes.”

Taehyung’s smile widened at her answer. The smile that stole her heart disappeared after that day.

__________

“I’m sorry.” Arya whispered, kneeling on the ground at Suni’s grave. “I couldn’t keep my promise.”

“I tried. I held on as long as I could. I guess there really isn’t any space for me in his world.” A tear escaped her eyes, and she  didn’t bother to wipe it away.

"I disappointed you, but at least Taehyung would feel relieved without me in his life."

The sky got darker and darker. Thunder rumbled and wind rushed across the yard before rain pattered onto her skin.

Arga didn’t move. She didn’t want to return home. She didn’t want to face little Mia. She had nothing against the girl, she was only looking after herself. So she let herself get drenched before more and more tears spilled out.

Loads of pain built up within her and in that moment of vulnerability, she let it all out. The rain drops washed away her tears. How she wished it washed away her sorrow too.

"Where the hell have you been?" Taehyung's dad questioned, his tone filled with worry and relief.

Arya walked inside in her drenched clothes without answering. He watched her walk upstairs lifelessly.

A heavy feeling settled in his heart and he felt guilty. Maybe he had unknowingly expected too much of strength from his daughter. Just because she smiled, didn't mean she wasn't broken. Arya was reaching her breaking point and it killed him that all he could do was just watch.

He went back to the dinner table where Taehyung was feeding his daughter, and sat down with a sigh. His son was getting better but his daughter was suffering even more now. He wished there was a way to end her pain all at once.

"Is that Arya?" Taehyung asked his dad while putting a mouthful of soup into his daughter's mouth.

Taehyung's nodded.

"She's worrying me these days."

Taehyung's dad didn't say it but Taehyung knew he was a part of the reason why Arya was like that. He was a major part, if not, the entire reason. He felt guilt settling inside him for the first time.

All those times he hurt her deliberately he did it out of anger and hurt. He didn't like anybody in Mia's place. He didn't want to put memories of Mia behind and move on. Arya was making him do exactly that.

"Daddy, who's Arya? Is she my new mommy?" Taehyung choked on his water while his dad just smirked.

"N-no, sweetie. She's a friend."

Arya was, indeed, a friend once when everything was how it was supposed to be. A friend that Taehyung once admired so much for her strength yet he was the reason behind why she was on the verge of breaking.

Arya walked out of the warm shower. Drying her hair, she flopped on the bed. Her eyes caught the picture frame on the night stand. It was the only thing she had of her and Taehyung, genuinely smiling. Not even their wedding picture held such closeness.

Arya reached out to the picture, and with a single stroke on the glass she placed it inside a drawer. She didn't need it anymore. Her heart did, but her mind screamed no.

A sudden knock on her door, made Arya open it. Taehyung's dad stood with a plate of food in his hand. Hiding behind his legs was the little girl. She peeked at Arya and Arya tried to stop herself from smiling at her cuteness.

"I'm not hungry, dad."

"I know, but you can't keep doing this. Don't abuse your health for somebody else." He said coming inside and placing the plate on the desk.

"Eat how much ever you can." He ruffled Arya's hair before heading towards the door.

"Come on, sweetie. Let's get you to bed."

"I want to stay here."

"Arya is tired. Let her rest."

"I'll stay till she eats. I don't like eating alone. Arya must not like it as well."

Her words held so much innocence but the  truth. Even the little girl could see right through Arya's eyes. She was lonely, always had been.

"It's fine, dad." Arya told him and he looked at her worriedly before sighing. He left the room and Taehyung's daughter jumped on her bed.

Arya gave her a small smile before sitting against the headboard.

"Your smile is beautiful." She complimented all of a sudden.

"Yours is even more beautiful. It's so unique." Arya complimented back.

"What is unique?"

"It means different and one of a kind."

"Oh! Like daddy! Mommy said daddy is one of a kind." Arya felt a dull pain in her hurt.

"He is one a kind." Arya whispered to herself.

"Daddy said you are a friend but I think he's lying. Are you my new Mommy?" Arya's widened as she gulped.

"No, I'm just a friend like your dad said. I'll be living here for a while."

Her face fell a bit before it brightened up and she jumped near Arya.

"Well, we can be friends! I'm Amara! I'm four!" Amara said holding up her four fingers. Arya chuckled.

"I'm Arya. I'm twenty three."

"Wow! I never had such a big friend. Well, Mommy was my only friend but she left me." Amara's face saddened while Arya frowned.

"Left? Where did she go?"

"Grandma says she is up in the clouds. She says Mommy is looking over me so I have to be a good girl for her."

It took a second for Arya to comprehend her words and when she understood, her heart dropped.

Mia is dead?