Chapter 12

It was around 9:30 in the evening when I heard pounding footsteps running toward my bedroom. My bed was neatly made and I was lying across it on my back, as bored as hell.

Without knocking, Louis burst into the room with an excited grin on his face. "I've got some good news for you. Zayn and Liam just left and won't be back until after 1."

I started at him blankly, not getting the significance of this revalation.

He rolled his eyes, "So that means we can have some fun while they're gone! They're usually the stingy ones who won't let us do anything. So now that they're gone, I say we should do something adventurous."

I laughed, "Something adventurous? Like what? Play hide and seek in the dark?"

"More like, taking a drive and exploring some place we've never been to before." His eyes were filled with excitement.

My expression must've been funny because he laughed. Unsure, I said, "You mean you would let me out of the house? Don't you think I would try to escape?"

"No, I don't think you would try to escape. Simply because Oliver is here and I know you wouldn't abandon him." Plopping down on my bed, Louis gazed at me hopefully. "What do you say?"

"I say..." I thought for a moment. How could I turn down such an opportunity? This could help me in so many ways. I could try to figure out where I am. I could try to get someone to help me. I could-

Louis interrupted my secret scheming, "Don't even think about escape plans, because everything you do to try to escape will only result in Oliver getting punished for it." His tone was serious.

"Fine. I'll stop thinking about escaping. I'd like to go with you. It's been so boring around here today I think I might die."

His sweet smile returned and he stood up, "Great! Just put on something warmer. It's a bit chilly out tonight." Suddenly he paused as he seemed to remember something, "Ehm...are you feeling up to it? Like...are you feeling better what with your womanly cycle and-"

I laughed and interrupted his nervous babbling, "I'm doing much better thank you. I will go with you."

He breathed a sigh of relief and clapped his hands together as if the matter was settled.

When he was gone, I went to my closet and changed into some dark blue skinny jeans and a warm grey sweater. I left my hair down since it didn't look too bad. I found some cute boots and put those on to complete the outfit.

As I reached the kitchen, I heard playful shouts and laughter. What a welcome sound. Things had been much too serious lately and I was rather surprised that the boys were capable of this lighthearted change in their usual selves.

I was even more surprised to find Louis and Harry playfully wrestling on the ground while Niall stood to the side cheering them on with a crumbling sandwich in is hand. It amazed me how much that boy could eat and still look as good as he did.

I could tell that they had noticed my presence because all of a sudden they got even more competitive and were both struggling to win in front of me.

Niall hooted and acted as referee.

I was nervous that one of them was going to get hurt, but should I really care? Turning away so I wouldn't feed their competitive nature, I grabbed a soda from the fridge and opened it.

"Woo! Yeah! And Louis is the winner!" Niall yelled at the top of his lungs. Secretly, I was proud that Louis had won. His gorgeous biceps had obviously paid off.

"Well, are you ready?" Louis said from right behind me.

"Yes I am. Where exactly are we going?" I asked him curiously.