Chapter 54

Kali's P.O.V.

I sat there staring at the girl for several seconds in shock until she looked confused. She was Harry's girlfriend - the girl whom Harry put before me. This girl in front of me was the reason I was in this situation in the first place.

"Is everything all right?" Lyla asked unsure. She sat next to me and adjusted the thin chain attached to her ankle. It was identical to mine. Niall hadn't bothered locking it to the cot for reasons unknown.

"No..." I said softly, fiddling with my hair. "Everything's not fine."

"Oh... Well, Niall has told me a bit about you. Apparently Zayn is obsessed with you. He talks of nothing else." She commented, trying to get me to talk. "This is so strange being able to talk to another girl. I've been locked up for so long, I don't even know what to say."

"You're Harry's girlfriend." I blurted out, still not sure how to react to her presence.

"You know Harry?" She asked, her eyes lighting up at the mention of his name as if he were the most important thing in the world to her. The look of adoration in her eyes gave me pause. Maybe she didn't know what he did to me. I didn't think it was my place to tell her that he did such a terrible thing for her. I mean what he did should have been unforgivable... And yet I still forgave him.

So I simply agreed. "Yes...I know him. He's a loyal boyfriend. He sacrificed a lot for you."

"Really?" She mused, her face lighting up with a smile. "I haven't seen him in eight months and I miss him dearly."

I glanced down at her pregnant belly, wondering if it was okay if I asked her whether the baby was Harry's or...Zayn's. It would make more sense if it was Harry's. It would explain why he did such a terrible thing if it was to protect not only his girl, but his unborn child as well.

On the other hand if it was Zayn's, what would that mean for Lyla? It would be terrible if he had done that to her.

Seeming to read my thoughts she explained, "It's Harry's. Zayn hasn't forced himself on me."

Surprised, I leaned back against the wall and stared at the ceiling. Somehow I was jealous that he hadn't touched her this whole time when he basically jumped on me the second I was brought here. "He hasn't touched you in eight months?"

"He hasn't made me have sex, no. Apparently he has a no fúcking pregnant women policy. So I'm safe for now. But don't worry, I'm sure he won't touch you. You seem so innocent and sweet. He wouldn't ruin someone as kind as you I'm sure."

Oh if she only knew. It didn't matter if I was the sweetest person on Earth. He hated my existence. He despised me.

"He already has though." I said, forcing myself not to tear up.

"He....what?" She sucked in a breath and placed a hand on my arm. "I'm sorry..."

"There's nothing I can do about it. But I really don't want to talk about that right now." I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes, forcing a smile. "Do you know where I am? What is this place?"

She kindly didn't press for more information and went along with my subject change. "It's Zayn's place. Somewhere hidden in the mountains. I haven't been told where, but I at least know that we're still in England. I've walked around with Niall and he gave me a tour. This place is actually a small castle. Zayn actually bought a castle with his butt-load of money and this is where he lives when he's not frolicking about ruining people's lives." She explained.

"A castle." I repeated doubtfully.

"Yes! It's actually really beautiful. I mean, it's all modernized, but it's still a castle. There's a courtyard with a garden and everything." She told me eagerly. It was a mystery to me how she could act all cheerful and content when she was a prisoner here away from Harry. Her hand rested on her stomach lovingly as she told me all about this castle and her favorite places to sit and think. I knew I would never be allowed to just wander around like her, so I was barely listening.