Chapter 20

Kali's P.O.V.

The moment his lips touched mine, electricity shot through me like I had stuck a finger in a light socket. I felt tingly all over when his hand moved to the small of my back and he pulled me against him. The towel around my shoulders slipped off.  The fact that he had no shirt on just made everything that much more amazing and staggering.

I didn't think about whether this was a good idea or not. In fact, I literally couldn't think about anything except the feeling of Louis' body pressed against mine as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He made me feel like I was flying, soaring above the rain clouds, far from everything familiar. It was a sensation that I had never even come close to feeling in my entire life. And I wanted it to last forever.

Having had no real experience in kissing someone, I gladly let him lead. His wonderful lips moved against mine easily, slowly, stirring my emotions so I could barely stand. It was exhilarating. His hand that was on the back of my neck moved down to my waist to pull me closer to him as he backed me into the desk.

There were no words to describe it really. I didn't understand how I could feel like this after only having known him for a week. But I did. I couldn't deny what I felt. It was unreal; something from a fairytale. I had known from the start that it would be difficult not to fall for him. He was so magnificent. So alluring.

Without realizing it, I tugged at the hair at the nape of his neck and he let out a small sound I had never heard from him before. He obviously liked when I pulled at his hair.

When our lips lost contact for a moment so we could breathe, he touched his forehead to mine tenderly.

Then I came back to reality. I had just kissed the guy who helped kidnap me and also physically hurt my best friend. Why did life have to be so complicated? Should I have let him kiss me? I knew that I certainly had enjoyed it and I wanted more of this. So much more. Just the sight of his flawless face so close to mine made me want to melt.

The rain outside was coming down in sheets and it struck the windows hard, making our little shelter seem cozy.

Louis pulled away slightly, his eyes fastened on my mouth. "What did you think about that?"

We kept our arms around each other and I said softly with a smile that I couldn't hold back, "That was my real first kiss."

He drew in a sharp breath, "Really?"

"Yes." I blushed.

Sneakily, his hand had moved underneath my shirt so he could touch my skin and I could barely keep control of myself as he used his thumbs to rub circles into my waist.

"Why did you have to wear that sexy black bra under this white shirt Kali?" He whispered hoarsely into my ear. Oh no. I was soaked and he could probably see straight through my shirt. Wonderful planning Kali.

I shuddered as his lips connected with the skin just below my ear. My eyes fluttered closed and I stuttered, "I didn't know it would rain."

His breathing was ragged as his hands slid upward along the skin of my waist slowly, pulling my shirt up as he did so. I couldn't help but gasp and I swiftly clutched his hands, stopping him from going further. "N-not too fast."

"Sorry..." A momentary look of insecurity passed across his face as he pulled my shirt back down, but didn't let go of me. A memory suddenly flashed through my mind. When he had started pulling my shirt up, it reminded me of how Zayn had forcefully made me remove that night gown; how his hands had felt on my skin as he touched me without my permission; how he had rubbed me down there while I begged him not to; the intense fear I had felt in that moment.