Chapter 27

"Harry, what are you talking about?" My mouth was hanging open as I stood there, not knowing what else to say.

"He knows everything. About how you planned to sneak Oliver out of here and leave. And how you were going to hide out at that family's farm. They've been known to help Atlas's toys. Well, even if you did escape, they wouldn't help you now." Harry said with a glum look.

"Why not?" I asked, somewhat afraid of the answer.

"Because Atlas made sure that they wouldn't help any other people. So you wouldn't find refuge there even if you did manage to get away."

"Harry, why not? What did Atlas do? It doesn't matter what Atlas might do to them. They always help people no matter the consequences. Why wouldn't they help?" Louis looked uneasy and distressed.

"Because they're dead. Atlas had them killed." Harry answered. He looked sorry to have to tell us this.

"What?" Louis' voice was distant, strained almost. He removed Oliver's arm from his shoulders and neared Harry, his fists clenched. Having all of Oliver's weight now, I carefully let him drop to the ground and he groaned. He was in so much pain and I couldn't help him.

"They're dead?" He breathed, unbelief painted across his face.

"I'm sorry, but they're dead. It wasn't me who killed them. It was him." Harry took a wary step back while watching Louis approach him. "Seriously, it wasn't my fault. Don't take out your anger on the messenger. Just come downstairs."

"They're dead." Louis repeated. I could tell he was battling emotions, but why, I couldn't be sure. Did he care about the farmers? He must have.

"Come downstairs. Tie Oliver back up first though." He instructed.

"No! I won't tie him back up!" I exclaimed and held Oliver's arm. "I can't. I told him I'd get him out of here."

"Just tie him up. If you don't, your punishment will be a lot worse. And you know I'm serious about that."

I groaned in frustration. Nothing ever seemed to go right for me. Just when it looked as if I would be able to escape I find out that Zayn knew about everything and now I wasn't going anywhere.

"Just go. We'll come down in a minute." Louis requested.

"Nope. You've got to come now. I'm sorry."

"No you're not!" I burst out, "You don't care what happens to me and Oliver! Don't you realize what Zayn will do to us?"

"It's not my fault you were stupid enough to break the rules. We told you in the beginning there would be consequences for trying to escape." He threw up a hand in annoyance. "Remember all of the things we did when you tried to escape before? They were the worst punishments. Would you like to go back in the Dark Room? Because that's probably where you're going."

Memories of being trapped in that spider infested room came rushing back and I faltered. "Well at least this time there aren't any innocent girls around for you to murder just for seeing me!"

Harry's confident stance wavered at my words. He stayed silent, looking pained and sad. "I didn't want to do that." He murmured under his breath and let his untamed curls fall in his eyes as he dipped his head down.

I didn't let myself feel bad for him. He killed that girl in cold blood without even blinking. She was just a young girl and now she was dead, simply because she saw me. Too many people kept getting hurt because of me. That had to stop.

"Just tie me back up Kali." Oliver said from the ground. I looked down at him and up at Harry, not knowing what to do.

"What will happen to Louis?" The realization that they knew Louis was helping me stopped me in my tracks. He certainly couldn't go back to being Atlas's puppet. They knew he wasn't loyal anymore.