Chapter 41

Louis' P.O.V.

I felt so bad about last night - even though it was an accident.

Laying in on the couch for a few moments after I woke up the next morning, I noticed that Kali wasn't in the bedroom. I slowly got dressed and went downstairs.

When I reached our bathroom, the door was cracked open and I saw Kali fixing her hair. Uncertainly, I pushed the door open and she looked up quickly.

"Where'd you get that?" I asked casually, nodding to the hair straightener she was using.

"Bridget brought it over. She thought I might want to use it." She continued straightening her long hair and I walked into the room further, leaning onto the counter and staring at her. She fell silent again.

The atmosphere felt awkward for some reason. But she was making it awkward not me. I scratched my chin.

"Look...about last night-" I started but she interrupted.

"It's okay. You didn't mean to; it caught me off guard is all. I'm totally fine." Kali assured me, but I was unconvinced.

"Well then...if it apparently didn't affect you, then why didn't you want to sleep with me?" I sat on the counter and watched her intently.

Obviousy flustered, she sighed and picked up a brush, running it down her perfectly straight hair. "I'm fine." She insisted stubbornly, completely ignoring my question.

Groaning in irritation, I hopped off the counter and snatched the brush from her, putting it by the sink. Gently but forcibly, I clutched both her arms and turned her so she would look me in the eye. "What's going on? You know you can tell me."

Her tired brown eyes flicked up to me. "I just....I was dreaming about...things. And then I woke up to find you...touching me. And for a second I thought the dream was actually real. I know, it's stupid and I'm pathetic..."

"You're not pathetic. Don't talk about yourself like that." I cut in.

"I thought if I slept alone that I'd stop having the dreams." She blurted out in a rush.

"What?"

"I thought that maybe if I didn't feel you touching me at all then it would help my mind not to focus on him touching me." She explained and ran a hand through her hair, which I found rather attractive.

"Did it work?" I asked.

"No. If anything, it just made it worse." She heaved an exasperated sigh and shook her head, looking at the floor.

"So...it's better when you sleep with me then?"

Her mouth curled into a slight smile, "Yeah. I guess so."

My gaze trailed to the counter and my eyebrows rose. "What is all that hair everywhere?"

She looked over and smiled sightly, probably thankful for the sudden change of subject, "That's what I get for having long hair. It falls out like that all the time."

"But this much? It's like you lost half your hair." I scoffed.

Rolling her eyes she shoved me lightly, "It isn't that much. It does this all the time silly. Come on, let's go eat breakfast."

"I suppose. Make sure to throw away your massive hairball there." I joked and she giggled a little. Good, I made her giggle. She needed to stop worrying about everything so much. It wasn't healthy to be so stressed out. I wanted to hear her beautiful laugh and see her attractive smile - not her weary sighs and frightened grimaces.