Chapter 3

I had woken from my faint only a couple of minutes ago and now was standing in the middle of the room turning every which way making sure the spiders didn't come too close. I could barely see in the dim light, not to mention the tears that were blinding me.

Relief flooded through me when I heard the door open and I saw Louis standing there leaning on one leg. I knew he caught sight of the pitiful state I was in before I practically flew through the door and into his arms, sobbing uncontrollably.

I realized that I had actually flung my arms around my captor like an idiot, so before he could wrap his arms around me I pushed away from him and shoved past him.

"How could you leave me in that horrible place? I only tried to escape! Its not like I tried to kill you!" I spat out running the back of my hand across my nose. My teeth started chattering even though it wasn't cold.

"You had to learn somehow. That seemed like the best option." He said quietly. I glanced at him and noticed that he almost looked guilty.

"Please don't ever make me go in there again." I pleaded with him. "I'll do anything you tell me to. Just please. Never again."

He looked at me thoughtfully. "You'll do anything?" He asked me.

"I...I didn't mean it like that...I just meant I'll follow your rules. I'm not going to like, sleep with you or anything." I made sure it was clear. My cheeks grew warm as I said that last part. I rarely talked about things like that.

Louis smirked and shook his head."Fine. Maybe you'll end up changing your mind about that later. I won't press it right now."

I was shocked. Had he really been suggesting that I sleep with him? What a creep! I flinched when he walked toward me slowly. "You know, you were in the Dark Room for like six hours."

"What?" I raised my eyebrows and took a step back as he took yet another step toward me. "I must've been unconscious for most of that time then. "

"Um..." Louis' face showed concern as he reached toward me and slapped the side of my arm.

Surprised, I drew away from him. "What was that for?" He only nodded toward the floor. I looked down and gasped as I leapt away from the dead giant spider that Louis had gallantly removed from my arm. In my haste to get away I ran into a potted plant and it tipped sideways and crashed, causing a huge mess.

"Sorry about that..." I shakily bent to right it, but Louis stopped me.

"Don't worry about it. I'll get Liam to clean it up."

"Um, could you have Zayn do it instead? I don't think Liam likes me very much." I followed Louis out of the greenhouse.

"Liam will do it." Was his firm answer. I stuck my tongue out at his back. Once back outside, he closed the door and took my arm to lead me back inside the giant beach mansion. I hadn't really had a chance to study it before. But now I could see how enormous it was. These guys must have a lot of money to live in a place like this.

Louis closed and locked the door behind us as we entered through the back door that I had run out of. "You hungry?" He asked me casually, like I was over to hang out.

"Actually I am. I don't remember the last time I ate." I trailed along behind him as he swaggered toward the kitchen. My mind was secretly trying to find weaknesses in the house that would help me in future escape plans.

"Good, cause you're not getting anything to eat." He told me darkly.

"What? Why not? I thought dumping me in that room was my punishment." I pouted.