Chapter 25

Louis' P.O.V.

We got back to the mansion and Kali hadn't let go of me even once during the long drive back. After Liam had blindfolded her, she had hidden her face in my chest and softly cried the whole time. She was holding her wrist as if it was hurting, but in the car she wouldn't tell me what happened with the lads around.

I could tell that her dress was a bit wrinkled and I just hoped that didn't mean what I thought it meant. I hated myself for not getting the door open.

Fucking Zayn.

At the mansion I opened the car door ready to get out, but she clung to my blazer as if I was going to leave her. "Come on Kali. Let's go inside." I coaxed her gently.

She slowly nodded her head and let me help her stand to her feet. I swung an arm around her shoulders and we followed the boys up the stone stairs and up to the front door. Inside, I guided her passed the lads and straight to the staircase. I started going up it, but she tripped and fell, letting out a quiet yelp.

"Louis I can't walk in these shoes anymore. They're hurting my feet." She whimpered and didn't even try to stand back up. She had bumped her wrist and she was fighting back the tears that just kept coming as she sat on the bottom step.

I bent down and scooped her into my arms, one arm under her knees and the other behind her back. I felt terrible as she let her arms weakly encircle my neck and her head drooped to hide in the crook of my neck. Zayn had frightened her beyond words, it was plain to see. I could feel her shaking.

I went straight to my room and shut the door and locked it; not that locking it would do anything since they've got keys for every door in the house. I carefully set her down on the bed and let her feet dangle down the side. With gentleness, I bent on my knees and unbuckled her crazy high heeled shoes which had been rubbing against her skin making it pink. I slipped them off and drobbed them behind me. Then I went to my dresser and found a large T-shirt for her to wear if she wanted. Her eyes looked up hopefully at it as I handed it to her.

"We can figure out the escape in the morning alright? You can change in the bathroom. Do you want some sweats or something?" I asked while she made her way to the bathroom.

"This is fine, thank you." She gave me the slightest hint of a smile before disappearing. I couldn't believe she was making an effort to be kind after what she just went through. She fucking tried to smile for me even though Zayn had probably done terrible things to her. That girl was amazing.

I quickly undressed and was left in only my boxers. At the last second I decided I should at least put on some sweats so she won't feel uncomfortable. She opened the door just as I was sliding them up my hips.

The color of her blush could have competed with a tomatoe. She ducked her head and I had a very difficult time trying not to stare at her. The way my shirt looked on her caused my heart beats to pick up speed and I suddenly felt excited. It barely reached the middle of her thighs and she timidly walked over to the left side of the bed. Her hair was down again the makeup was gone.

"Let me take a look at your wrist." I said and she held it out to me. Carefully, I took her hand and felt around intently. I noticed when she bit her lip trying not to cry out. "Well I can tell it's not broken thankfully. I think you just sprained it, but it's not bad." I let go of her to go dig around in one of my drawers. I found the appropriate tape and tried not to hurt her as I slowly wound it around her injured wrist. I was basically an expert at that kind of thing since I've done the same thing to myself countless times in the past.

When I finished it off, I pulled the covers back and she climbed onto the mattress, sliding her bare legs under the blankets and lying back against her pillow. I left her to use the bathroom for a moment, but came back as quickly as I could so she wouldn't feel nervous. I swiftly flicked off the lights.