Chapter 40

Kali's P.O.V.

When Louis told me about Zayn hacking into the TV channels, I nearly choked on my own saliva. I mean, the lengths that man went to keep me on my toes was was astounding. He continued calling my phone as well and so I simply shut my phone off completely and buried it in my backpack. I didn't really need it anyway.

Then Louis realized that Zayn was continuing to hack into the TV channels. Yes, there was more than one showing of his disturbing speeches. And he even said my name a couple of times. And so we came to the conclusion that we couldn't let Des and Arson watch TV anymore in case Zayn's face popped up unexpectedly saying my name. Louis took it upon himself to break their television.

He messed with the internal structure and was trying to only keep it from playing channels, but instead he completely busted the entire thing so it wouldn't even turn on.

Well, at least thy wouldn't accidentally see Zayn now yeah?

One late evening, all of us younger people - including Bridget because she felt the need to come over all the time apparently - were around the dining table playing the board game Life and some of us were really getting into it. It was quite something to have three super competitive guys all determinedly trying to collect the most money and get to the end first.

At one point, Harry came up with an idea and he announced that the losers all had to go skinny dipping in the ocean. Bridget and I both immediately excused ourselves from the arrangement and the guys didn't blame us. But they guys, being the prideful competitive people they were, eagerly agreed that the losers had to go skinny dipping.

We were laughing and having a grand old time. Even I was laughing at their antics. It was the first time in a while that I've had a good laugh and it felt glorious to have some of the lightheartedness return that I'd been missing from my life lately.

Playing a game with everyone helped to raise our spirits. Harry was pretty much pouting about getting stuck with the house which had been cut in half by an earthquake. The guys were getting irritated with each other for no apparent reason other than the fact that they wanted to win while Bridget and I were calmly coming up with names for our kids in the game.

In the end, Oliver won and Louis and Harry tried to contain their displeasure. I just laughed at Louis' flared nostrils and watched in amusment. They were acting like children.

"Bet you didn't see that one coming pal." Oliver chortled gleefully and fanned himself with his winning amount of fake money.

"Whatever." Louis grumbled.

"Oh come on." I tried to cheer him up, "it's just a game!"

"Yeah, it's just a game Louis!" Oliver mocked, grinning. "Well, I won. So how about our deal?"

"How about you shut the fuck up?" Louis snapped.

I laughed and patted his arm which made him relax a little, but he was still sending Oliver death glares.

"Might as well get it over with lads." Harry proclaimed standing up. "It was my idea after all."

"We'll just wait here for you to come back." I chimed, watching the three of them make their way to the door.

"You can come if you like." Harry joked cheekily. "I mean, you and Louis are married, so it's not like you haven't seen it before."

I coughed nervously and waved, "Goodbye Harry."

I noticed Louis smirk and he winked at me before disappearing out the door with the others.

"The nerve of them sometimes!" Bridget laughed exasperatedly.