Chapter 39: The Truth

"Ivy? Do you have to go?" Collins asked.

"I have to," I smiled and stood up.

"Why?" He asked. "We can watch another movie."

He stood up also, leaning close to me. "I need to get home before my mom gets off work, your dad also." We watched movies and cuddled. It was quite romantic.

He sighed, wrapping his arms around me. And slowly, we kissed. Our lips- which moved together in sync- became one. His hands gripped my sides and we kissed until we were breathless.

My hands went into his hair that I loved to touch, it was so soft. My body was full of butterflies and heat mingled together.

"I love you," he murmured softly.

"I love you." I said just as softly.

"Let's take you home." He said and slapped my bottom.

"Collins!" I squealed.

He cheekily smiled. "What?" We walked out of the house and into his car.

"Oh nothing it's not like you just slapped my butt!" We buckled our seatbelts.

"Well, your butts adorable." I could hear the smile in his voice. The blush was clear on my face.

"You're too adorable when you're blushing." He laughed and at that I ended up blushing even more.

***

We kiss in a quick farewell and I go in my living room and begin to think.

Running away with Collins (butt hurt jerk or jerk face, whatever you want to say) seemed like a idea in my had that I can not fathom together. Being with him every single day, hour, minute, every second made me want to lean towards the yes just as much as the next girl.

But then there was family and school. Friends? He's the only kind of friend I've ever really had. My life is in this town. Every memory, every giggle, laugh, tears, sadness, happiness, just everything was here in this life I've just begun to live.

But also, being without him was complete torture. I didn't need to convince myself that I love him, I already did. I'd be insane if I didn't.

But this was my life. My life was slowly fading every second, my body getting closer to its death each year.

"Do you really like Ryan?" My mom suddenly asks me.

I'm brought back to reality. "Huh?"

"I said do you really like Ryan?" She repeats and I groan inside my mind.

"He's okay I guess." I stated lowly.

"He's okay I guess?" My mom asks like I've said something wrong- which I did to her. "What do you mean?"

I bite the inside of my cheek. "I don't know. . . "

My mom studies my face. "You would too know if you say he's okay!"

I let out a huff of breath. "I don't know, okay?!"

"You don't know what?" She asks.

I groan. "I just don't like him a lot. Like I said, he's okay."

"Care to elaborate?" She crosses her arms, suddenly defensive.

Are you kidding me?

"I don't know how to. Just I simply don't like him as much as I thought I would." I told her, which was completely true besides the fact he's my boyfriend's dad.