Chapter 15: Get Away Delight

Monday morning classes are slow, as is my brain trying to comprehend everything that they teach and say.

The day seems to drag slowly. When lunch comes I literally run to the library.

I hit someone as soon as they are walking out.

"Watch where you're going!" The familiar voice says.

"Calm your tits, jerk face." I say looking at him.

He looks at me, noticing it's me. "Cupcake? Why were you running?" He grins. "Eager to see me?"

I scoff. "No, I was eager to get away from all this," I gesture towards the hall. "What are you doing?"

"I gotta go take a piss." He laughs.

I smack his back. "Geddy up, jerk face."

"I'm not an animal." He remarks.

"Could've fooled me." I joke.

He sticks his tongue out at me, then walks into the bathroom.

I go look for a book on the library, I get one off the shelf and walk towards the table butt hurt jerk's stuff is.

"Feel better?" I ask him when he comes back, sitting down.

"Of course." He smiles at me.

I wish the day was over, I really don't wanna be here.

"What is it?" He asks me.

"I wish the day was already over, I don't wanna be here anymore." I explain.

His smile slowly grows. "Let's go." He grabs my hand, interlocking our fingers.

"What are you-" I soon realize what he's talking about. "We aren't going to ditch." I hiss, digging my heels into the floor.

He turns around. "You want to go, so do I. Why not?" He asks.

"Don't you have to tutor Kandi?" I ask, suddenly realizing he still is holding my hand.

Awkward. Well not too awkward, I've held his hand before.

"I have her number, I can text her to meet a little later."

I raise an eyebrow. "You'd do all that for me?"

He scoffs. "No, you aren't the only one who doesn't want to be here, cupcake."

"And what will we even do?" I ask.

"Just shut up and let's go." He says.

"But Collins-" I use his real name.

"Why do you always say my name when you are pleading with me or many other occasions?" He asks as be starts to walk more, dragging me by out joined hands.

"Why do you call me Ivy?" I question.

"I don't know." He says.

"Same here for Collins." I answer, and try to stop walking.

"Ivy," he turns around. "stop trying to restrain against me or I'll drag you out of this library by your hair."

"But-"

"Cupcake, it's not hard to drag you and carry my bag, won't be too different dragging you by your hair." He grips my hand, pulling me with him.

It's not that I didn't want not to be at school, it's just that I've never ditched school. My mom would kill me if she knew I did.  Speaking of which, I need to tell Austin not to snitch out on me.