Chapter 3: Treasure

I yawn, watching my series on the one and only Netflix. I look at the clock it reads 10: 57.

The show ends not long after, I walk up the stairs.

Opening my bed room door, I step in. I scream for three reasons. One, I just got done watching Supernatural which the impossible seems possible at times. Two, I'm half asleep. Three, my foot is in something slightly warm and very squishy.

I wrinkle my nose, switching my light on. I look down- expecting blood or some weird goo from a monster or who knows what, but when I look down all I see is grape jelly.

"Whatever I'll get you back" My brothers voice creeps its way into my mind.

"Austin!" I yell.

He comes out of his room, trying to look innocent. "Yes little sister?"

"Grape jelly, really?" I ask, moving my toes in the grape jelly which it makes a nasty sound.

"Oh.. That? You upset over it?" He asks.

"Ohhh no not at all." I say, raising my voice. "You just wanted perfectly good grape jelly, what am I supposed to eat with my peanut butter sandwich?!?"

He raises his eyebrows. "Nutella?"

I gasp. "No! You can't have something dry with dry peanut butter. It should at least be a little wet,"

"Oh." He raises his eyebrows slightly. "So you like it when it's wet?"

Instead of replying to that , I yell. "I can't believe you!"

Hearing all the ruckus, my mom comes out of her room. "What- wait, is that grape jelly?"

"Perfectly good waste, I know." I look down at my feet still in the grape jelly. I didn't move because I didn't want to make a trail of grape jelly colored foot prints around the house. But I could do that in Austin's room. . . .

"You do that!!??" My mom asks my red faced brother.

"Uh. . .maybe?" He said, looking down.

"Go get a towel and clean this mess up." My mom scolds him.

He goes to get the towel and she turns to me. "Why did he even do that?"

I shrug. "I don't know, but it's a waste of jelly."

He comes back with a towel. I snatch it from his hand and wipe my feet off. I walk towards our bathroom, passing his room.

I wipe the grape jelly on his pillow from my feet, grinning mischievously.

I walk back to my room, watching him attempt to clean up the jelly but just smears it in the process.

"I'll have to call somebody," mom sighs. "Austin! You are grounded for another week! I will not tolerate this kind of behavior. Go to your room. You got school tomorrow. Both of you."

***

"You are a jerk!" Austin says in the morning with a scowl. "I smell like jelly and don't have time to take a shower. Is that my payback?"

I grin at him. "Nope." He gets out of the door fast as he can and I laugh.

This will be fun.

When lunch comes around, I go to the library to see no butt hurt jerk. Finally he walks in, blue eyes landing on me then rolling his eyes.

"Now you are stalking me." I say, crossing my arms.

He scoffs. "Puh-lease I came in here to get some sleep."