Chapter 25: Time Of Month

"You two," Mr. Murphy jerks two fingers in our direction. "Follow me."

We silently head towards his office. Some of his food slips down his clothes and I fight back a laugh.

"Um, Mr. Murphy, don't we need to clean up first?" Butt hurt jerk asks.

It was his fault we were in trouble. I glare at him, he sticks his tongue out at me.

Jerk.

Mr. Murphy sighs out in frustration. "You two go to the bathroom, I'm right behind you!"

We shuffle towards the bathroom with him following us. We go in separate bathrooms and attempt to clean ourselves up. I grab some paper towels and scrape my shirt that has ketchup and mustard covering it.

Thank God this shirt wasn't one of my favorites. We would have had a problem then.

Instead of cleaning up the mess, it spreads more. I groan, throwing the paper towel in the trash. I run fingers through my hair, looking at my socks.

He didn't even let us put our shoes back on, I chuckle and walk out.

Butt hurt jerk walks out also. "He didn't even let us put our shoes back on," he says my thoughts in a whisper.

I grin. "I know we need to put them back on. And I couldn't get this stupid mustard and ketchup off me!"

He grins, looking at my shirt. "You know it's just am excuse for me to look at your boobs!"

I smack his arm. "Jerk!"

He grabs my arm, quickly kissing my hand. "Can't blame a guy, cupcake."

I roll my eyes then see Mr. Murphy impatiently tapping his foot on the ground, a wet paper towel in his hands from him cleaning himself from the food.

"Um, Mr. Murphy, can we go get our shoes back?"

Our principal glares at us. "No, because you shouldn't have tooken them off in the first place!"

"You're just going to let us walk around barefoot?" Jerk asks, looking at Mr. Murphy.

The principal nods. "Follow me to my office."

***

"So," Mr. Murphy puts his hands on his desk. "The two of you were sliding down the halls with no shoes because. . .?"

"With shoes it wouldn't have worked as well." I remark, my tone sarcastic.

His eyes snap towards me. "Be best if you watch that tongue, young lady."

I was about to remark back by saying: I can't watch it, it's in my mouth you dingus!

But then butt hurt jerk speaks up before I can speak. "We were doing that because we wanted to have fun."

Mr. Murphy raises one eyebrow. "And sliding down the halls is fun?"

I smile innocently. "Quite so, sir, you should try it out."

"You are on thin ice, sweetie." Mr. Murphy said, giving me a warning glare.

"Sorry," I say then say sternly. "Sir."

He gives stiff nod. "You know, first bumping into me and smarting off to me isn't a good idea."

I bite my lip, hard so I won't let sarcasm fall from my mouth. No matter how much I wanted to say anything.

"We're sorry," butt hurt jerk apologizes. "She's. . .just on her time of month at the time. . ."