Through the darkness

Ontario's P.O.V

"This calls for a celebration! I feel a melody coming on!" The king called out grinning, he waved to the 'band' above us who in turn began to beat their drums, in a somehow even worse sync than before.

"Bones will be shattered, necks will be wrung. You'll be beaten and battered, from racks you'll be hung."

I whinced covering my sensitive ears, the noise burring deep into my temples. It felt like my ears were bleeding from the unpleasant sound.

"You will die down here, and never be found. Down in the deep of goblin town....."

As the king sung out the last note a terrified gasp drew his attention. The goblin with the twisted mouth, threw the sword he had been examining to the ground in terror.

The sword bouncing off the scarred floorboards, its sheath partly opening as it came to a halt.

The goblin king scrambling back to his throne in terror, as he struggled to climb onto it.

His arm shook as he pointed to it. "I know that sword! It is the goblin cleaver, the biter! The blade that sliced a thousand necks!"

The guards instantly turned on us, whipping us with thin poles, lashing out at us with the chains that hung around their necks.

"Slash them! Beat them! Kill them!"

"Kill them all!!!" He declared, I threw my arm up as a thick chain swung at my head. It wrapped tightly around my wrist, I gripped ahold of it yanking backwards, the goblin loosing its footing.

I stomped down on its head, the bone giving way under my boot. My stomach lurching at the sound.

Winding up the chain, I lassoed it at another, yanking him backwards as he attempted to behead Balin.

I jumped on his back, wrapping the chain around his neck, pulling it tight. The links pulled deep into his skin, as he frantically tried to dislodge the metal.

His dirty fingers clawing at my arms as I tightened my hold on him.

After a couple of long drawn out moments, he collapsed to the ground, no longer able to carry my weight.

I violently twisted my arms, his neck snapping like a twig. I whinced at the sound barely making it to my feet before Thórin was pinned to the ground.

"Cut off his head!" The king demanded.

I turned just as a goblin raised a blade high over a struggling Thórin's head.

Panic rushed through me as I yanked free of the dead body. Using the corpse as a stepping stone, I propelled myself through the air tackling the goblin.

We rolled a few times before coming to a sudden halt. I grunted as he swung the grimy knife as my face, I reared back as the blade hissed past my cheek.

Gripping the chain tightly around my right hand, I punched him violently in the nose, cartilage bowing and snapping from the force.

Blood splattering into my face as I continued my assault. Each punch more forceful than the last as I poured my emotions behind it.