Somber

Ontario's P.O.V

It was a lot harder than I though it would be, watching Lindir and Dothrum disappear back over the hill.

I was in half of a mind to jump on Lukaine and race after him, to break down at his feet and beg for his forgiveness.

But what would that achieve? What was done was done.

In the back of my mind I knew there was no real way our friendship would ever fully recover from this. And I had subconsciously made the decision that I would never be returning to Rivendell ever again.

Now there was nothing left for me there.

My heart ached at that thought alone.

Once this quest was over and done with, I'd have to send this sword back with a courier.  So it would once again be with its rightful owner.

I hoped that one day he would find someone that would make him smile, and could love him the way he deserved.

Even though I felt like an absolute cart reck, a small smile was brought to my face as Bofur dramatically ran after them for a short distance, waving his arms over his head. "WAIT! COME BACK, YOU FORGOT KILI!"

That was until the dwarven prince chased him down, tackling him to the ground in a cloud of dust, Bofur cackling like a witch as Kili fought to pin him down, warning him his tongue was at risk of getting staked to the ground.

"You look like you've been dragged backwards through Mordor," Fili stated, motioning at my bedraggled appearance.

"You have no idea how accurate that is," I admitted. Exhaling loudly. I needed a holiday, maybe somewhere warm, without Striga's, Trolls, Orcs, or sword welding bounty hunters.

"It's going to be a long walk, you can fill us in on the way," Thórin said, touching my shoulder as he walked past to round up the company who were still yahooing over Kili's apparent 'crush' on Dothrum.

"Do you think I should be worried that Kili really is interested in Dothrum?" Fili asked, "He seems to be quite defensive over it,".

I leant against him, resting an arm on his shoulder, as we watched Thórin drag his nephew off a still laughing Bofur.

"Definitely not, I think he's just more embarrassed that he can't tell us elves apart from one another," I answered, not that it mattered in anyway. I often wondered about those who's soul mates were of the same as them.

It wasn't common but not unheard of.

"Tell me... Do I really look like an Ellon?" I asked genuinely curious. Obviously the typical trade mark of the generic elf was long flowing hair, pointy ears, and long limbs. Ellons didn't really grow facial hair, choosing to stay clean shaven as it was far tidier and more presentable. A stark contrast to dwarves who liked to have floor mats attached to their faces.

"No, not at all," Fili laughed, "Far from it in fact,".

Good to know.

.....

As we walked, we talked. Bofur carrying most of the conversation as I spent most of our little 'experience' getting my beauty sleep.