Plucky

Ontario's P.O.V

The sun began to rise on the horizon. Pale blue hues giving way to a warm golden glue.

The rays bringing warmth to our backs as we soared high above the mountain range. The world below nothing more than little specs in the distance.

The great beast began its descent into the valley, turning on to its side as it flew for a gap in the mountain pass, alongside a tremendous waterfall.

The mist catching in the sunlight, a thousand colours of the rainbow shone brightly as we travelled through the air. Peppering my face with light whispers of damp.

A winding river reflected the breathtaking views as it hugged the sides of the great mountains. The tips touched with the lightest sprinkle of snow.

The group of eagles began to circle an outcrop of rocks. The beast I rode flapping its wings backwards, creating an almost deafening sound as its feet slowly touched the ground.

I slid from its feathered wing, panic continuing to consume me as I rushed to a still Thórin's side.

Dropping to my knees, my breath hitched in my throat as I whispered his name.

Tentatively I placed a hand over his still chest, over his heart. My breath hitching in my throat as I waited for any sign of life.

"Lothron all i naeg n- drawn o cín bodui. Let nin words heal cin a guide cin uin fuin,".

I closed my eyes as I began to pray. Praying to the Elvin gods of the light, to the dwarfish lords of the mountains. To the human lords that graced the sky. To anyone who may hear my plea's.

Praying for the life of the man who had saved me more times than I could count.

For the kind hearted soul who took me in when all others turned their back, choosing to raise me for as long as he could, before ensuring those who he passed me off to would give me the best possible uprising. When all else failed he was here once again to look out for me.

Thórin had always been there for me at the forefront of my earliest childhood memories. The good times and the bad. The trying and the ease.

Without him I do not know who I would have become, he shaped the world and pathed the path for the woman I became today.

"Ha na- ú- cín anand,".

A ragged gasp had my eyes flying open as I stared into Thórin's stark blue ones as he struggled for breath.

My bottom lip trembled as a wave of emotions flowed over me. The steady rhythmic pulsing under my finger tips, a promise that this was reality and not some dream conjured up by my broken mind.

I burst into tears, uncontrollable sobs racking my body, as my emotions got the best of me.

"Cin were firn,".

"You were dead," I whispered to him, watching his pain filled face contort to disbelief. "You weren't breathing," I sobbed.

"I am fine now," he spoke. His deep voice comforting my fears. Reaching out he tentatively brushed the tears from my cheeks, his touch was soft, not something I'd have expected from him.