Brandy and potions

3rd persons P.O.V

The tall Ellon dismounted off his mount, gracefully sliding off before the light horse had even come to a complete stop.

His heart clenched with worry as he easily stepped over the woven barrier of carved spears that entombed the still body.

Dropping to her side he gently, almost uncertainly touched her cheek in a loving manner. His movements were unsure, as her ice cold skin rubbed against his knuckles.

"What mess have you gotten yourself into this time nin mellon?" He sighed heavily to himself.

Ontario's skin was sickly pale, almost as white as her tangled hair. Sweet created a glistening sheen over her forehead. Cheeks and lips void of any colour.

The elf maiden looked like death.

The only movements came from the uneven rise and fall of her chest. Lungs rattling, struggling to continue their dying plight.

" Here, these are probably more use to you then me," Bofur, clumsily dismounted off the same horse, stumbling in his wake. Almost dropping the bundle of precious yellow flowers he held out to the Ellon.

"Anor drop lóth," he mused the gears turning rapidly in his head as the rest of his company came to a halt, dismounting a few feet away.

He spoke fast in Sindarin, giving out orders, telling the other elves where to go. All the while never leaving Ontario's side.

Bofur was forced backwards as the group of elves began to move rapidly, talking in a language that he could not understand.

A once deathly quiet woods, soon returning to a bustling, loud clearing. As a large fire was lit, tents were erected within minutes, far faster than Bofur could ever hope to put one up. Water was boiled, as Lindir finally stood taking the Lily's from the dwarves grasp.

"What are you going to do with those?" Bofur asked, confusion covering his features as the Ellon began to snap the heads off the flowers. Twisting the yellow leaves, a thick nectar began to drip down his finger tips.

Quickly Lindir dropped them into a steaming pot, careful not to let the precious sap fall onto the ground.

"She has been poisoned, so I will try my best to save her,".

Whilst they began to simmer the Ellon began to finely began to chop the stem and dark green leaves. Before placing them into a mixing bowl.

He added witch hazel, yarrow, and a few large tablespoons of runny honey.

Soon there was a thick paste, and Lindir hurried over to where Dothrum, his cousin kneeled beside Ontario, already having peeled back the grostigue bandages, cleaning the wound with dark brandy.

Bofur watched from beside the two elves, as they wordlessly worked. The deep wound somehow was worse than when he had left for the Clütha river. The site sickened all three of them.

It would be a miracle if she survived this.

"Ariélle, come," he motioned for the dark haired elf maid to come forward. Steaming pitcher of what resembled a tea, made from the flower of the name.

In a caring manner Lindir scooped up Ontario's upper body, cradling her head in the crook of his arm as he carefully placed the luke warm cup to her parched lips.

Whispering quietly in her ear, too softly for even the elves beside him to here. Begging for her not to leave him. Hoping beyond hope that Valor would not be taking her tonight.

"Do not sail without me, my one and only,".

Short filler I know, next chapter should be longer hopefully fingers crossed