Hiccup's return

I find myself wandering around the lake I drowned in, it's really peaceful at night. I sit on the rock in the middle of the lake, I can see Jaime's house. He lives only a few yards away from where I did when I was alive.

I set my staff next to the rock and sit with my back against the rock, just looking at the sky. The stars are really beautiful tonight. I can see them clearly, well, I could see them better 300 years ago but tonight is nice for now.

I hear a stick snap in the forest, I instantly jump up and grab my staff. I walk towards it on the ice. "Hello? Who's there?"

I see a pair of bright green eyes, I smile. "Toothless! Hey buddy!" Toothless jumps out excitedly, he pounces on me and licks me. "Hey! That doesn't wash out!"

Toothless jumps off me and laughs his dragon laugh. "Jack, I've been looking everywhere for you." I would recognize that sweet voice anywhere. I say on the verge of tears, "Hiccup..."

I sit up and see his beautiful self walk out of the forest. He smiles, "I guess you remember now, I've missed you terribly Jack." A tear rolls down my cheek "I've missed you too. I'm sorry I lost my memory and forgot about you."

"Hey, don't be sorry. It wasn't your fault, Pitch took it away after using you." He walks towards me and sits next to me. "Don't be sorry for something you didn't do."

I put my face in my hands and start to cry, I just can't handle this. I feel terrible, I forgot him and what we had over the last four months and what I did to his mother. He raps his arms around me.

Toothless puts his head down and falls asleep quickly. He barely makes a sound, so I can cry peacefully. Hiccup pets my head and shh's me. "It's okay, it wasn't your fault. No need to cry Jack,"

"You know?" I say between tears and sniffles. "Of course I do. Jacklene kind of spilled the beans a little." I wipe away some tears, "I'm sorry Hic, I had no idea I did that." He shh's me again. "I understand..."

I rap my arms around him, we sit in silence. All that can be heard is the wind, Toothless snoring, and my sniffles. Everything else was silent.

It felt nice to be in his arms once again, even if I was crying. I've missed him... I don't ever want to lose him. I hope I never do. I couldn't live without him.