Getting rid of the enemy

I run to the edge of the hole, I'm not able to see Jack in the deep blue water. "Jack!" I scream as Toothless looks into the water, moves around the hole, but not daring to enter the deep unknown. I have to get them out, they'll both drown if I do nothing.

"Toothless, stay right here, I'll be right back." Without thinking twice, I jump into the water. I doubt the dragon will even consider entering the water, he can't swim without Hiccup. I kick my legs hard, I guess this means I can swim.

A few feet down and I can barely make out two silhouettes, most likely Jack and Hiccup. Jack continues to swim down while Hiccup sinks. It doesn't look like hes's moving. That must scare Jack a lot.

As Jack swims farther down still, he loses big bubbles of air. He isn't going to last any longer without more oxygen. He'll need to resurface for air soon, but he won't until Hiccup is on dry ground.

I aim my staff at Hiccup and concentrate my powers to bring Hiccup to the surface. A big blast of ice bursts from the tip; the blast raps around Hiccup while it freezes slowly. I yank my staff back and the force pulls Hiccup to the surface of the water.

Jack looks at me with a puzzled look. I aim my staff at Jack and focus once more. As he floats to the surface, he points to me with a worried look. As soon as he reaches the surface, I start to swim upward.

I'm almost to the surface when something grabs my leg and pulls me down. I kick hard and whatever held me loosens its grip. I continue to swim to the surface.

Jack puts his hand into the water and I don't hesitate to grab it. He jerks his arm to where half of my body is above the ice. With the help of the wind, I pull myself the rest of the way out. I cough continuously for a few moments to get air back into my lungs.

"Jackie, you are crazy. Don't ever do that again." I look at Jack, he isn't even wet. It's like he didn't just take a dive. Hiccup on the other hand is soaking wet, but at least he's breathing.

"You know, there should be a thank you in there somewhere." I laugh, he just smiles, "Jackie, I'm serious. I don't want you hurt. You could have died down there... A-Again, I mean." Oh yeah, he died here too... I almost forgot.

"I could've died? What about you? You just dive in there to save Hiccup, not even thinking about yourself, and hopefully know how to swim." I say angrily.

"Well if you put it that way..." He says looking away.

"You both are so pathetic. Just give up already." A female voice says as the scene around us changes to darkness. Toothless guards Hiccup as the darkness surrounds us once again. Jack and I are kneeling next to where the hole in the lake used to be.

"So Jackie, have you decided it's not worth fighting for anymore? Aren't you tired of doing the same thing over again?" Raven comes into view, "Are you?"

I stand, "No, why would I? This is what I live for, or have you forgotten? This is why the man in the moon chose me to be a guardian."

"Ah, yes. But you are not officially a guardian, are you?" Raven smiles darkly. I glare at her, I don't like that she brings that up. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hit you in the soft sp-" a snowball hits her square in the face. I giggle and look back, Jack and Hiccup smile at me. Good to see Hiccup awake. "Shall we?" Jack says grabbing his staff.

Jack makes a big ice sled, Hiccup hops in just as Raven wipes the snow off of her face. "How dare you!" She screams as she throws nightmare sand at us. Quick to react, I try to block the sand but it hits me instead. I fly back and curl up to prepare myself to hit the ground, but I never hit the ground. Instead, I'm floating in the air with snow surrounding me.

Raven looks at me in disgust while Jack and Hiccup look at me in wonder and amazement. As I float, I feel different, like I'm gaining power. I feel stronger in a matter of seconds.

I feel an urge to blast Raven. Giving in to my urge, I use my power to attack Raven. What comes out of my staff is a mixture of nightmare sand and ice.

It hits the shocked Raven and she gets buried under my newfound power. I float down to the ground and to make sure she stays in there, I push up the 'structure' and make an ice and nightmare sand sphere surrounding Raven. She won't be able to get out of there.

"Woah..." Is all that Jack and Hiccup could say.