See you soon

As Raven describes the plan in detail, I already know what I'm going to do. She told me earlier.

"Jackie, your mission is to bring Hiccup back here. I don't care if you want to fight, you must protect Hiccup. He's in one of the rooms. You may know which one it is. I know which room he's in but I want you to find him. Alone."

I can't help but wonder why she wouldn't tell me... "Oh, and do yourself a favor. The one with the staff, use that special trick I taught you."

I shake my head vigorously. "Jackie, are you alright?" Raven asks. I snap back to reality.

"Yes, fine. Just going through the plan in my head and seeing what would work." I lie. She pats my head, "I knew I could trust you. Now Pitch, you-"

Her voice cuts off from my train of thought. Am I doing the right thing? I barely know her, I mean, she just rescued me and told me I'm her best friend. For all I know she could be lying to me. Am I too trusting?

I shake the thought, just continue as planned...

-----Time skip-----

After Raven had explained the plan to Pitch, he understood it quicker than I had. Raven had to explain many things to me for me to understand it some.

Raven and Pitch walk through the shadows calmly and actually laugh as they enter the darkness. I take a breath and hold it as I enter the shadows. I think about where Hiccup is, and when I find the light again, I'm in a new room. It's light and airy, pathetic.

The window is open and the curtains flow in the wind. To the left of the window is a bed with someone in it. I walk up to the bed and find Hiccup lying there. I look behind me, I see a nice and neat room. Clean freak maybe, it's too clean.

Behind me there's a desk with nothing in it. Above that desk is a board with pictures on it. Hiccup is in most of the pictures, a black dragon, and a boy with a blue hoodie and a staff...

I look at my hand, in my hand contains a staff similar to the one in the picture. Who is he?

Raven's words stick in my head: "Oh, and do yourself a favor. The one with the staff, use that special trick I taught you."

So he's the one Raven tells me about. He despises Raven and Pitch more than anyone can imagine. At least that's what Pitch said.

I decide to try something new, I set my staff down onthe floor and I concentrate on the photo of the boy, Hiccup and the dragon. I then reach out to the boy's thoughts, I can hear them, his thoughts. They're panicked.

That picture was taken by Sandman, why am I thinking of this now? I have to protect the palace and Hiccup. Oh my god Hiccup! That's why! Is he alright? I better go check on him, 'North! I'm checking on Hiccup!'

I zone back into reality, back to my own thoughts. I believe if I could sneak up on the boy, then I could touch his neck like Raven said.

I slightly float into the opposite corner of the room. Hiccup lies in the opposite corner of the room, I wait for only a fee moments before the boy walks in.

He walks into the room, sighs a sigh of relief and walks over to the bed and sets his staff down. I quietly float to the ground.

He grabs the chair by the desk and scoots it by the bed. He sits, plops more like, into the chair. I step closer, careful not to make a sound. My bare feet avoiding splinters in the cracked wood floor.

I step slightly on a squeaky floorboard, I look from my foot to the boy. He perks his head up and looks behind. I've already flown to the ceiling or he would have seen me.

He sits there for a split second longer then turns back to Hiccup, then does something really unusual. He holds Hiccup's hand. I lose my cool for a second. Why would he hold a prisoners hand? And why they would put the prisoners in a nice room with no locks is beyond me.

I'm starting to have second thoughts. What if they're trying to help Hiccup? What if they're not so bad?

I discard those thoughts, if I don't do this, what will happen? What if I die trying to complete this mission? I need to be quick.

I float down enough to reach the boy's neck. I reach out and before I press my finger to his neck, I prepare myself mentally. Okay, nightmare sand enters his system, nightmare sand entering his system. Go.

I gently press my middle finger to his neck and repeat nightmare sand enters his system as many times as I can before he realizes he's being touched. He moves away from me and grabs his staff from beside the bed, he aims it at me.

"Who are you?" He demands, "What did you do to Hiccup?"

I float down to the floor fully, my feet landing on a few splinters, I avoid wincing. "I'd like to ask you a few questions first," I say. "What do you intend to do with my friend here?" I question as I walk slowly around what's left of the open space.

"Your friend? Who are you? You sound familiar."

I smile, "You didn't answer my question."

"He's not your friend, I intend to protect him."

"From..." I wait for an answer, it doesn't take long.

"From Pitch, Raven and whoever you are. Get out."

"Oh, strong words for a weakling." I tease, if I can keep him playing along, I can easily grab my staff and blast him. I keep slowly walking towards my staff on the floor.

"Don't try anything, what's your name?" He asks, he tightens his grip on his staff. I stop walking for a split second, "What's yours?"

"Jack, now tell me yours. Stop moving!" He screams. I stop mid step. My now short hair barely blocking my view of Jack. I wait for a few seconds, somehow by saying my name it will cause fear, anger, confusion. Beautiful fear.

I turn slightly, a dark smile plastered on my face, "Jackie." That single word worked, Jack's face loses what's left of its color. He lets his hands drop to his sides, his grip on his staff almost fails.

I smile even bigger, "I'll be on my way," I walk up to him and place a hand on his shoulder, he's paralized with fear. I love it. "Don't wait up for me." I grab my staff off the floor and grab Hiccup.

"Jack, I'll see you soon." Without another word from either of us, I fly out the window with Hiccup in my arms. I fly into the darkness and end up back into Raven's place.

I set Hiccup down gently on the nearest bed I find. Raven and Pitch join me in a matter of seconds. "Well done Jackie!" Pitch says.

"Jackie, have you done what I suggested?" Raven asks, I nod. She smiles, "Excellent." Raven turns to Pitch, "Time to activate phase two."