Truth be told

The room slowly turns back into what it was, color fades back into the objects. I'm standing in the middle of the room, still.

What I've done is unforgivable. Hiccup will never forgive me, that I have no doubt about. I've traded him for his friends, the guardians, Jack.

Almost as soon as all the color is back, Jack bursts through the door. "Jacklene, are you okay? Where's Hiccup?"

I look him straight in the eyes, "Raven took him. He was... Kidnapped. I couldn't do anything to help him. I'm sorry Jack."

He stands in the doorway, the rest of the guardians join him and look around the room.

"What do you mean kidnapped? How? This place is pretty secure. I'm not sure how she could get in." North asks, concern clearly filling his face. "How do you think Pitch got in the last time you guys fought? It's actually pretty easy picking..." I say. I don't feel like myself anymore... I feel hurt and really bad. I probably should have sacrificed myself for everyone. I'm not as important as any other guardian.

"Jacklene, don't say that. You are important, to all of us." Jack says sympathetically. I turn to look at him, how did he know what I was thinking? Can he read my thoughts? Did he read the expression on my face? "How did you-" Jack didn't let me finish, he leaped forward and kisses me.

A kiss? What the- I push Jack back, holding my staff at him. "Woah, Jacklene, why so harsh?"

"Don't you ever kiss me again! You're with Hiccup!"

"So? Hiccup is gone. He is never coming back."

"How could you say such a thing?"

"Because, Hiccup was nothing to me. He was just there to ease my pain. I liked you since the first day we met. I don't know why but you acted like you didn't want to be more than friends. So I kept my distance, hoping that one day you and I-"

"Who the hell are you?" I ask, my cheeks flushed red.

Jack looks stunned, like he just got stabbed with a knife of feelings. "It's me Jacklene, are you feeling okay? I've been here the entire time."

"The real Jack doesn't like me like that." I say the next sentence slow so he can hear me correctly, "Who are you really?"

Jack sighs, "Jacklene, it's me, honest." I grip my staff tighter. "I don't believe you."

He smiles, "Stubborn today, aren't we? You need to wake up Jackie."

I jump upright, I'm back in my bed. I touch my lips and look to my left. "Is everything alright Jacklene? Did you have a nightmare?" Hiccup sits in the same chair before he grabbed my staff for me. My staff still lies on the floor.

"What happened?" I ask Hiccup. "Am I dreaming?" He scoots his chair closer to my bed. "No, you aren't. You've been sleeping for an hour..."