Never Ending Abyss

North pulls out his swords, I hold my staff ready. Jaime stands behind me a little scared. Jack notices and flies towards Jaime and says, "Hey, it'll be alright. Go into my room until I come get you." He wastes no time and runs down the hall.

Jack, North and I stand with our backs together. Toothless stops roaring for a moment, then all is dead silent. We wait for the threat to attack. But it doesn't come, we have no idea why they wouldn't attack us already.

We hear no sounds other than our own breathing. Then we break our formation. "That 'tis odd, Toothless was acting territorial. I'm not sure what else it could be." North says.

All of a sudden, a scream comes from the hallway, all of us turn our attention to the hallway. "That sounded like Jaime!" Jack says, he flies as fast as he could through the hallway. I quickly follow and join him in his room. I see Jaime in the corner and Hiccup enclosed in darkness. A black cloud of sand. I know that isn't just sand, it's nightmare sand.

Hiccup is floating within the sand now, "Jaime, come over here, quickly." Jack says. Jaime looks between the black cloud and us. He quickly runs over here. Jack pushes him behind us gently, then walks into the room. "Hiccup, can you here me?"

Hiccup doesn't answer but the cloud does, "He cannot hear you. If someone would have done their job quicker, we wouldn't have to do it this way." Raven. That the only person it could be.

"What do you mean? You are not Pitch, so you must be-"

"Raven, we met once North, Tooth, Bunny, Sandman, Jack." Raven interrupts North. She turns into human form, holding Hiccup up. "Jackie, nice to see you again. Like your nightmare? It would have gone better if you would have followed the script." I glare at her.

"Raven, what do you want with Hiccup? He is no concern of yours." North yells.

"Oh, but you see, I need Hiccup. He is the ticket to my success."

"But why now?" Jack asks.

Raven smirks, "Ask Jackie that yourself." Without another word, she disappears into the shadows, Hiccup falls to the floor. Jack drops his staff and falls to Hiccups side. "Hiccup, Hiccup wake up."

"What did she mean by 'ask Jackie?'" Jack asks out loud. I turn to look at Jack, his back towards me and cradling Hiccup in his lap. I don't want to tell them, I feel I could lose their trust and they will never forgive me. "I don't know."

"No, you do know. I know you know what she was talking about. So tell me." He turns to me, tears in his eyes and a look of disbelief.

I can't tell him. I'll hurt him more than ever. "I really don't know." He shakes his head and turns his attention back to Hiccup, "I think it's best you leave for awhile." Jack says without turning back to look at me.

Those words made my whole world go black. I feel like I'm falling into a never ending abyss. I feel tears threatening to return, "Fine, I guess I'm not needed here. I'll go elsewhere."

I walk into the main room and I'm about to take off before someone grabs my hoodie sleeve, I see Jaime behind me. "Please don't go Jackie, Jack's your friend and he's just upset. He didn't mean any of that." I smile sadly. "I know buddy, I just have to go. Take care of Jack for me will you?"

He nods, then backs up slightly, "Goodbye Jaime." With the help of the wind, I fly through the roof. I can hear Jaime yell Jackie, I hadn't realized he called me that. I wipe a tear from my cheek. I see it's a light gray instead of clear. Then my world goes black and I fall down, down into the never ending abyss.