Meeting #12

"From then on, our meetings were a bit more... openly romantic. I guess we both got braver about this, realizing how much we need each other. Like this we agreed on doing a movie night this time. Once again, I was standing in front of your door, my heart racing like always when I rang the doorbell. As always you opened with a big smile on your face. But this time you didn't only say hi like normally, you passionately hugged me and told me you would have missed me so much. Now obviously that didn't calm my heart down at all, but I enjoyed it a lot. Honestly, I could get used to that kind of welcome.

You already set up the TV, turned on the fairy lights and placed some snacks and soft drinks on the table. On your shelf was your big collection of DVDs that I already realized the first time I was at your place. Your great passion for collecting movies really amazed me. I laid down the very few DVDs I brought with me on your table and after some contemplating we settled on three movies because – like you said – "Why not? We have time, don't we?" In front of us these three movies were lying: Kingsman, Jumanji and Street Dance. I admit it: You have good taste in movies. While watching the movies we slowly moved closer to each other naturally and in the end we were cuddling so comfortable that we watched the last movie til the very last minute because either of us refused to get up even though the credits weren't very interesting. And even though there is not too much to tell about this evening I think it's safe to say that we both enjoyed it a lot. We are pretty compatible with movies, I guess. We both weren't talking much but rather gave in to the feeling. Sometimes you silently sang along to the music and I had to smile softly because of it. In between the movies we talked a lot about it and joked around a bit.

And how could I forget when you stumbled over a pillow that had fallen from your couch and I caught you? Your face was right in front of mine and I really had to pull myself together. My heart stopped beating for a second and you looked like you felt the same. The look in your eyes said everything, causing my heart to skip a beat again. I don't know what would have happened if my stupid smartphone wouldn't have ringed that exact moment. You let go off me so suddenly and returned to put another DVD in the player while I looked at my troublemaking mobile phone and realized it was Felix calling. I picked up and almost got a bit mad when all he wanted to know what my Computer's password was. A ruined moment for something as trivial as this. But it was not his fault. You looked at me grinning when you realized what it was about. After I hung up, we looked at each other, laughed and continued to watch the movie. But the rest of the evening I couldn't shake off the thoughts of "What if...?"

How about doing this once again some other time? For a start I prepared package number 12."

It was pretty obvious what was inside. And of course – another movie. So that was why he lately asked me if I would have Jumanji 2 by now? Guess he remembered that I said I really wanna watch it but never came around to it. I see... Well, I was sure we would get the chance to watch it together. I wouldn't watch it without him, I told myself. With this resolution I picked up the book again and went on.