Meeting #15

"But as good as the memories are – The company didn't really approve. "She's nice and all but..." No way I would be allowed to have a girlfriend. After the concert they told me "it would better" (as in "do it or you will be in trouble") to break off our relationship completely. I was devastated and you felt it whenever we talked on the phone or texted. But I couldn't tell you. And I am truly sorry that this is how you hear about it. Brace yourself – it's not over just yet. But as you know it wasn't our last time meeting, right? I made a deal which allowed to come on over once again.

I called you and told you about it. You seemed so happy but since I knew the counterpart of the deal it broke my heart. Anyways, we will come to this later. First the latest meeting – yesterday. I told you to let yourself get surprised. And I planned it all thoroughly. How to set up a perfect day? I was so nervous when I rang your doorbell this time – more than ever, I guess. This time you wore the leather jacket as always but we were back to the heeled boots from the first time. And – I smiled as I realized – the top we bought together. You looked so good and I told myself to take in this sight and never forget about it. I hugged you tightly and a bit longer than usually. Then I offered you my arm. We set off and the first place we were headed to was the park where I first saw you. We walked around for a while, enjoying the precious time together. Somehow my hand caught yours and we walked hand in hand – not at all my fault... We then passed by the near-by café where you first saw me. We got a coffee to go and sat down on a bench for a while. We laughed, talked and enjoyed the beautiful day and sight; I put my arm around you – Now or never I thought – and satisfied I recognized that you moved in closer. After we finished our coffee we started walking again. I still had my arm around you and somehow it wandered from your shoulders down to your waist. You didn't mind at all.

The next stop was on a wall nearby the water. We sat down again and I took out the stuff I brought along: Fruits, snacks, sweets, drinks and sandwiches. While we finished our little picnic the night slowly came up. It got a bit colder and I pulled you closer. You leaned against my chest and we sat like this for quite some time – just enjoying the surrounding and feel each other's body and warmth. We didn't need words but somehow I felt that everything was so clear between us that day.

We got up again and strolled along the same path we took when I showed you around. Still my arm around you and your arm around me we walked along the path. When we reached the viewpoint, we both stood there in awe for some seconds. "I actually never were up here at night", I confessed. You nodded: "Guess what? Me neither." I giggled. "What a surprise – the woman that doesn't go out alone at night wasn't here at night yet." I thought a bit and added: "Good for me. I would have been quite jealous if you would have shared this moment with somebody else." Your pretty head that was resting on my shoulder turned to me. I understood that you wanted to ask what I meant but when our eyes met, we both knew. You put your hands around my neck leaned against me even more. My hand wandered to your neck as well as I cautiously put my lips on yours. It was unbelievable. The world stood still and the butterflies in my stomach turned into fireworks. When the kiss was over, I realized how fast my heart beat. A bit satisfied I then got aware of your heartbeat as well. You blushed but bravely looked into my eyes, smiling. I smiled back. And kissed you again.

I don't know how long we stood there and kissed but it was another day that ended very late in front of your house. We both obviously didn't want to say goodbye. But after one last, long (and honestly passionate) kiss we had to. The last thing I saw was the door closing behind you. I stood there like a fool for at least five minutes until I walked back home and sat down to write this last bit. While you are reading this, I am probably already on my plane back to Korea and I hate myself for not telling you everything yesterday but I didn't want to ruin this truly perfect evening. And I was too scared about your answer.

But first... The last present. 15. Open it."

A bit anxious on what would come afterwards I hurried to unwrap the last parcel. It confused me. A USB? Why? What to do with it? Maybe there was something on it, but it would have to wait, I decided. First I had to read to the end.