Chapter 20 - Disclosing Old Secrets

Woman - I AM YOUR GRANDMOTHER.

Everybody looked at her in complete shock and disbelief and if she was saying the truth then surely a lot of questions were coming her way.

Naina - I know aap mazak kar rahi hai par ye koi mazak karne ka topic nahi hai aur ab fight jab khatam ho gayi hai then I think apko apna ye mask bhi utar lena chahiye. Aur please stop kidding.

Woman - I am neither kidding nor lying. This is the truth. I am the former Queen of Zarvis and the eldest member of the family - Queen Jaya Darce.

Saying so she took off her mask and everyone's mouth dropped open seeing her face. Yes she is it. Yes she is, their grandmother.

The eyes of Swapreena started getting teary on seeing her, indeed they loved her very much. The girls ran towards Jaya and hugging her tightly  started crying bitterly, their bitter past had already started coming infront of their eyes making them cry unstoppably. The boys not being able to see them cry anymore held them by their shoulders and tried consoling them. After they stopped crying  Naina finally spoke.

Naina - Aap itne saalo se kahan thi? Yaha par kyu reh rahi thi aap? Aur...aur hume kuch bataya kyu nahi? Pat...pata hai hum sabko lagta tha ki aap mar chuki hai aur apko pata bhi nahi hai ki kitna akela feel kar rahe the hum teeno par hamare paas koi nahi tha koi bhi nahi hume sam....sambhalne ke liye ( sobbing ).

Jaya - ( confused ) Akela? Par beta tum logo ko akela kyu mehsoos ho raha tha? Main waha nahi thi toh kya hua baki sab toh the na. The na baki sab?

Naina nodded in a way of no without saying anything else.

Jaya - ( worried )  Kyu beta kaha gaye sab? Bol na beta dekh mera dil baitha ja raha hai bol na bache ( cupping Naina's face )

Naina - Mar chuke hain.( Closed her eyes and gulped a lump of saliva formed in her throat) Do saal pehle  ek accident mein chal base, mom-dad, chachu-chachi sab. Aur Tauji-Taiji humse bahut bura bartaav karte rahe, aur toh aur mujhe dhamki bhi di thi ki agar maine unki baat nahi maani toh wo Swati aur Preeti ko ma...mar denge aur wo mujhse zyaada powerful hain toh unki baat maan ne ke alawa mere paas aur koi option nahi tha.

Jaya - ( Shocked as hell ) Ky....kya mere ba...bache mar chuke hain?

Tears started flowing continuously from her eyes as well and she was still in daze, not being able to believe what she just heard.

Jaya - Tum sa...sach keh rahi ho? Aur Jagdish aur Beena, un dono ki himmat bhi kaise hui tum logo ko dhamkane ki? Apni puri zindagi mein nahi socha tha maine ki wo log aisa kuch kar sakte hain. ( angrily ).

Saying so she came near Naina and holding her hands, closed her eyes. Everyone got confused by this but no one dared to speak anything.

5 minutes later :

Jaya's hold on Naina's hand had tightened a bit and her face had clear lines of tension. Everyone was looking at her with curiosity and suddenly she jerk opened her eyes, her breathing went uneven and she had fresh tears in her eyes. Everyone got worried and rushed towards her and started started asking if she was okie. Sameer brought of cup of water ( there was a pot nearby ) and gave her the water to drink. After composing herself a bit she finally spoke the terrifying things that she just saw.

Naina - Dadi aap theek toh hai na? Aur apko abhi kya hogaya tha?

Sameer - Haa Dadiji aisa lag raha tha jaise aap kuch bahut bhayanak cheez dekh rahi thi like an accident?

Jaya - Daravna hi tha bacho jo bhi maine dekha. ( looking straight at the wall with an emotionless face).

Preeti - Par kya dekha apne dadi aur kaise?