Season 2/Chapter 1

"Well, ain't that just a great big flaming turd of a problem."

The woman took a deep sigh and sat back against the seat of the car she had been driving, head tilted up and eyes closed.

The car was officially out of gas. She had been running on fumes so she knew it was coming, but she was hoping the universe would cut her some slack. However she also knew, better than most maybe, that the universe never answered hopes and wishes- especially when it came from her in particular.

She was stopped right in the middle of a highway, among with a few other cars that were abandoned, she could see ahead of her more cars that seemed clustered together the further the highway went, like a sea of automobiles.

She adjusted the rearview mirror so that it was facing to her. She examined her reflection, her green eyes looked tired and had slightly dark bags underneath to suit them, her wild red hair was done in a low bun and set in her US Army ball cap. She felt about eighty years old with how exhausted she felt, when in truth she was only thirty. She took a deep sigh, adjusted the tactical green scarf around her neck and reluctantly opened the car door and stepped out onto the road and into the Georgia heat.

She grabbed her military backpack and semi automatic that sat next to it from the passenger seat, and slung the bag onto her back and the strap of the gun across her shoulders and held it facing down and across her body.

She made her way towards the sea of automobiles, hoping to find another mode of transportation or maybe even some gas for her stranded car, either would be fine to her, as long as she made it to Atlanta, she didn't care how she got there.

She weaved her way through the many cars, looking out above the the tops of the cars and through the occasional window, making sure to check for any dead as she did, with her tactical knife in her hand raised slightly. She knew better than to use her gun unless absolutely necessary, it may have only been about a month since the world went to shit, but she learned the hard lesson early on of attracting unwanted dead with noise.

As she started to go towards a car hoping to find some water, knowing she was fairly low, she started to hear voices up ahead and a sound of hissing. She immediately became alert and picked up her semi automatic and looked through the scope to up ahead, there she spotted a group of people, civilians, all huddled next to a white RV.

The one speaking wore a bucket hat and seemed to be in his old age. They seemed to all be discussing something about the RV, which seemed to be the source of the hissing noise she heard a moment ago.

She lowered her gun seeing as they didn't seem to pose a threat to her or be packing any heavy artillery. Regardless, she debated in her head on whether to make herself known, although they seemed friendly you never really can be too careful.

On one hand, she needed to get to Atlanta and she knew if she stayed and tried to help this group it might delay that from happening. On the other hand, maybe they could prove useful, and they certainly looked as if they were in need of help, not just with the RV but with protection

Before she could finally decide, a fellow in a ball cap looked in her direction and made the decision for her.

"Umm, guys?" He said still staring in her direction, now pointing. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked to the man in the hat, then followed his finger to her direction.

Once they noticed the red head in the distance a few guns were raised slightly as a warning. The facial expressions were a mixed range, between confusion, relief, and wariness.

Deciding to make the first move, she walked forward to the group, keeping her gun lowered and placing her knife in its sheath. But her hand couldn't help but hover over her hip a bit where her pistol remained.