Chapter 4

After Bell was shot in the leg she was taken to a doctor to have her leg patched up, Doctor Stevens, she wasn't sure if she could trust the man but given the look of hesitation on Beths face she figured she would keep a close eye on him.

As the man patched up her leg Beth was taken away by some officers, she assumed either to her room or under the watchful eye of Dawn. Bell wasn't sure what to do, it was clear she needed to get the two out, but how she would go about that was the problem. Not only had she been discovered, but now she had an injured leg.

"I have to ask, how'd you get in?" The doctor asked as he began stitching up the hole in her leg.

Bell just remained quiet, looking out the window of the room she was in. She didn't trust the man fully and she wasn't about to let him know her secret. What if she needed that van to get her and Beth out. Doctor Stevens seemed to read her mind.

"You won't make it. Not with Dawn watching your every move and an injured leg." The man said with a sigh. "The sooner you accept that fate the easier it'll be for you."

"What does she even want with me?" Bell asked, finally turning to look at the man.

He just shrugged. "Not exactly sure, but if I had to guess, I would say she see's something in you. It's not like Dawn to keep dead weight around." As he finished up with her leg he sat up and let out another sigh. "Alright, you're all set, lucky for you the bullet went through. Your leg is gonna hurt for a bit but you'll live."

"I'll be sure to thank Dawn for only maiming me and not actually killing me, very considerate of her." Bell scoffed, as she continued to look back out the window.

"Speaking of which, she'll be wanting to see you, best to get some rest and I'll take you to see her in the morning." Doctor Steven said, getting up and leaving the room.

Bell crossed her arms and looked out her window, it was finally nighttime and even though the day was crazy and full of many events, Bell wasn't tired in the slightest. She was anxious; anxious on how to get her and Beth out of this mess, about what was happening with the group right now, and what the future held for them all.

She let out a heavy sigh and turned her head to look at the ceiling above her. Tomorrow she would find her way out of here with Beth, she didn't know how but she hoped. Maybe the universe would grant her this kindness for once. Maybe

The next morning Bell was awoken by Doctor Stevens, the man checked on her leg and instructed her it was time to go see Dawn.  Bell moved her legs off the bed and placed her feet onto the floor, slowly standing off the bed. Her right leg was incredibly sore and she felt pain shooting up her leg. She hissed at the pain but pushed through it. She didn't want Dawn to get any more satisfaction from the girl than she already had.

She limped along side the doctor with a man guarding them, not far behind. As they reached a door they came to a stop, Doctor Stevens knocked on the door and they waited for a response.

"Come in." They heard the voice from the other side.

Doctor Stevens opened the door and beckoned for Bell to enter.

Bell limped into the room, she watched as Dawn sat on an exercise bike, peddling as she spoke into a walkie talkie trying to contact her men. Bell scanned the room and noticed Beth was also there, standing not far from Dawn. The two made eye contact, both relieved to see the other was okay.

Bell looked to Dawn. "Having some trouble?" She asked, referring to her non responding officers.

Dawn let out a heavy sigh. "Not that it's your concern, but they don't always respond. Drives me crazy."