Chapter 7

The next morning the whole group was gathered around the camp enjoying breakfast. Bell was sharpening her knife and kept glancing towards Shane. Even with her hat covering most of her face, she could still feel his eyes on her every so often, and every time she looked he gave her a look that told her she needed to watch her back.

She wasn't the only one who picked up on this, Daryl also noticed the interaction. Initially he thought maybe Bell and Shane had a fling going on, which deep down he didn't like.

But the looks Shane was giving her definitely wasn't lust, and if it was then it wasn't the good kind, but either way he didn't like it. He wasn't sure what happened between the two, but he made a mental note to keep an eye on Bell just in case.

Suddenly Glenn got up and was standing in front of the group, he looked like he wanted to say something but was hesitant for some reason. Finally he spoke.

"Um, guys?" He begun, some people looked up to him while others kept doing whatever they were doing. "The barns full of Walkers." Everyone was now fully paying attention, everyone wide eyed, either staring to Glenn in disbelief or to the barn like it would bust open and take them down at any given moment.

Not soon after everyone was gathered outside the barn. Shane and Rick were arguing about what to do, while Bell just kept her knife in her hand and stood close to Carol in case anything happened.

"We gotta go!" Shane yelled to Rick.

"We can't!" He yelled right back to the man.

"Why not?!"

"Because my daughters still out there." Carol spoke up.

Shane scoffed and rubbed his hands over his face. Bell already knew what he was gonna say. "Okay, I think it's time we start to consider other possibilities."

Rick spoke up and held out a hand. "We're not leaving Sophia behind."

Daryl started pacing not far from where Bell and Carol were standing. "I'm close to finding this little girl, me and Bell found the scarf and her doll just the other day!" He yelled irritated with Shane.

"Yeah a doll and a scarf Daryl, that's what y'all found!" Shane replied.

Daryl looked even more angry. "Man you don't know what the hell you're talkin' about!"

He threw his hands up in defense. "Hey I'm just sayin' what needs to be said."

Bell spoke up next. "What you're bein is a cold hearted jackass, it's no secret you've given up on this search long ago. But the rest of us, the ones with a conscious, actually care about what happens to that little girl. So why don't you shut your mouth and calm down." She said her fists clutched tightly.

Shane rounded on her quickly and attempted to get in her face, but before he could Rick pushed him back away from the woman, and Daryl also had took a protective stance in front of her.

Bell appreciated the gestures from both men, but she wasn't scared of Shane. In fact she wished he would do something so she could finally get the chance to give him a much deserved crack across his mouth. 

"Don't even get me started with you Red." Shane said to the woman.

But before he could continue Rick spoke up again. "Shane I said that's enough!"

But Shane wasn't done, as he turned his attention back to Daryl. "Lemme tell you somethin' else man. If she was alive out there, and she saw you comin', all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction!" He said with venom.