Chapter 7

'On edge' would be an understatement to describe the group currently. 

Maggie had walked in with a man that they had no clue was anywhere near them, who knew who else could be near.

"We met him outside he's by himself." Maggie declared as Daryl took a quick peek outside of the barn. "We took his weapons and we took his gear."

Nobody seemed relieved by this in the slightest, they all held their weapons up and ready, ready to defend themselves in a moments notice. Even Lady was up and growling at the man, Bell put her hand on the dog to get her to calm down, but was ready to give an order of attack if need be.

The man introduced as 'Aaron' looked around at the wary faces. "Hi."

Silence. Rick gave a crying Judith to Carl.

"It's nice to meet you." The man went to give Rick a handshake and Bell quickly shoved him back, Lady giving a warning bark as well. The man just obeyed and stayed in his place. 

Rick looked to Maggie. "You said he had a weapon?"

Maggie handed over a small revolver to Rick, he clearly confused as to why the man was carrying so little.

"There something you need?" Rick asked, not having patience for idle talk.

"He has a camp nearby, he wants us to audition for membership." Sasha announced to the group.

"I wish there was another word. Audition makes us seem like we're some kind of dance troupe. That's only on Friday nights." Aaron made his attempt at a joke but was met once again with complete silence. "Um, and its not a camp, it's a community. And I think you would all make valuable additions. But it's not my call, my job is to convince you all to come back with me."

Bell and Daryl made eye contact and seemed to share the same thought; this guy can't be serious, can he?

Aaron seemed to share their thoughts. "I know, if I were you I wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Sasha, can you hand Rick my pack?"

The woman seemed slightly hesitant but did as he asked. As she did Aaron continued to talk.

"Front pocket, theirs an envelope. Theirs no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community. That's why I brought those." He gestured to the pictures that Rick was currently looking through. "And I apologize about the picture quality. We just found an old camera store last-"

The man was cut off by Daryl's gruff voice. "No one gives a shit."

Aaron turned around and nodded his head to the man in agreement. "You're absolutely one hundred percent right." He turned back around to Rick who was currently looking at a picture with walls set up by planks, Bell looking at them from over his shoulder. "That's the first picture I wanted to show you, because nothing I say about our community will matter unless you know you'll be safe. If you join us you will be."

Bell gave the man a squint, the woman was torn in two; half of her wanting to believe that this place really could be a safe haven for her and her family, but the other half not wanting to risk it like they did with Terminus.

As Aaron droned on about the walls and how safe they were, one thing he said seemed to really hook everyone. "In fact, there is only one resource more important than those walls to our communities survival... the people."

At this Bell still stayed a bit tense, at Terminus, people being important was for a food source, was this the same case or did they actually want to help.

Rick seemed to having a similar train of thought as he shared a look with Michonne who nodded her head to the man.  Rick then looked to Bell who still stood beside him, they seemed to have the same thought with no words; lets not risk it.