Chapter 2

Bell was right about what she said to Michonne. The very next morning Rick, Daryl, Bell, and Carol had been met with a distraught Tyreese. He brought them outside to one of the courtyards to two burnt bodies, it was Karen and David, the first two people who had been kept in quarantine.

"You found them like this?" Rick asked.

"I came to see Karen and I saw the blood on the floor. Then I smelled them." It was clear to all of them that he was in shock, but it soon turned to rage. "Somebody dragged them out here and set them on fire! They killed them and set them on fire!" Suddenly Tyreese got in Ricks face. "You're a cop. You find out who did this and you bring 'em to me. You understand? You bring 'em to me!"

Daryl was hovering behind the man, ready to grab him if he made any rash moves on Rick. "We'll find out who-" Daryl reached out to the man to calm him down but Tyreese just shoved him away.

"I need to say it again?" Tyreese asked the man when he got no response.

"No." Rick shook his head, avoiding the mans glare. "No. I know what you're feeling. I've been there. You saw me there, it's dangerous."

"Karen didn't deserve this! David didn't deserve it! Nobody does!" He continued to yell in Ricks face.

"Tyreese, it's okay, we're gonna figure this out." Bell decided to speak up, she was usually pretty good with talking people down, but she underestimated the mans anger. He quickly turned on her and pushed her up against a wall, grabbing her by her shirt.

"I ain't going nowhere till I find out who did this!" The man yelled in her face, making her freeze. She saw from behind the man how Daryl, Rick, and Carol made a move to get to the man, Daryl looking especially worried. She held out her hands to them, indicating for them to wait.

"Hey, we're on the same side. No ones against you here, I promise." She spoke softly. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't nervous as to what he would do. He clearly wasn't thinking straight.

Rick spoke up next, trying to get the man to let go of the red head. "Hey, look, I know what you're going through. We've all lost someone. We know what you're goin through right now, but you've got to calm down."

And with that Tyreese let the woman go and quickly turned to Rick, pushing him harshly. "Step the hell back!"

Rick just took a breath, trying to keep his cool. "She wouldn't want you being like this." And with that, Tyreese cracked his fist across the mans face.

"Stop! Stop!" Carol yelled, trying to get Tyreese to back off, but he wasn't having it, he punched Rick again.

Daryl flung himself onto the man and held him back by the arms. "That's enough!"

But as Rick stood up, it was clear he wasn't done. He started to punch Tyreese, Daryl losing his grip on the man, sending him to the hard ground. Rick got on top of him and proceeded to punch the man repeatedly.

"Rick." Daryl yelled, wanting the man to stop. But when he kept going he decided to grab him and pull him off. "Stop. It's over, stop it."

"Let go of me!" Rick yelled. "Let go!" He looked at them with crazed eyes.

Bell and Carol stood next to each other, Carol had her hands over her mouth in shock, as Bell just stared at the man on the ground who sobbed. This really was about to be a long next few days.

As Rick went to go get patched up, the rest of them decided to go and summon the council. Not only to discuss about Karen and David, but to catch up on who was getting sick.

"Sasha, Caleb, and now others." Hershel was telling the group of who had recently joined the sick.

"Jesus." Daryl mumbled.