Chapter 5

Glenn had put Bell in the back of the car to let her rest, it was clear she had taken a beating, they needed to get her back to the prison so Hershel could tend to her. 

As he leaned up against the car, along with the new comer Michonne, he wondered what was taking the others so long. Then he heard footsteps up ahead and looked up to see Rick and the others had returned, along with someone else he didn't want there.

"What the hell is he doing here?!" He yelled as he pointed his gun to the man, Michonne next to him with her katana lifted in attack mode.

"He tried to kill me!" The woman yelled, as Rick tried to get her to put the weapon down.

Everyone was yelling, Maggie, Rick and Daryl trying to get the other two to calm down. Daryl in particular as he was defending his brother. Merle wasn't helping with the situation. "Damn brother, you've gone native."

Daryl turned to him. "No more than you hanging out with that psycho back there!"

He leaned up against the tree behind him. "Oh yeah man he is a charmer, I'll tell you that. Been puttin' down the wood to your girlfriend Andrea." He directed to Michonne who had a deadly look in her eye.

"What? Andreas in Woodbury?" Glenn asked looking between Rick and Michonne.

"Yeah, right next to The Governor." Daryl replied.

"You know Andrea?" Rick asked looking to Michonne.

When she didn't reply, Merle spoke up again. "Yep, she does. Her, blondie, and ginger spent all winter cuddling up in the forest. Mhmm, my Nubian queen here had two pet walkers. No arms, cut off the jaws, kept them in chains. Kinda ironic now that I think about it." He chuckled.

"Shut up bro!" Daryl yelled, knowing his brother wasn't helping with the tense situation.

Merle put up his hands defensively. "Hey, man, we snagged 'em outta the woods. Andrea was close to dying."

Maggie spoke up next, addressing Michonne. "Is that why she's with him?" The dark haired woman remained silent.

Then something popped in Glenn's head, remembering that a certain someone was in the car. "Wait, so is that how you know Bell?"

When Michonne arrived to the car she had asked Glenn if a red head had made it. He confirmed this but didn't push for question's at the time, figuring maybe they were both former residents of Woodbury. Now it made sense.

Everyone turned to Glenn in confusion, but Daryl spoke up first. "Bell? What the hell are you talkin about?"

Glenn looked to the man. "I found Bell, she was being held by The Governor, saw her stumbling out of the woods while I was waiting for y'all. She looks bad, we need to get her back, she's passed out in the car right now."

Daryl couldn't believe what he was hearing. Bell was in the car-alive, after all this time. He certainly didn't think this would be how their reunion would go. 

He turned to his brother. "What the hell did that psycho do to her? What happened?" He could feel his anger rising once again.

"Hey don't look at me, I didn't do anything, I warned your girlfriend what would happen if she tried to leave." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Daryl got a sick feeling in his stomach, the thought of what that man may have done to her made him want to march right back into that town and stick an arrow in his face.

Merle spoke up again. "So, what ya gonna do now sheriff? Surrounded by a bunch of liars, thugs, and cowards."

Rick was fed up with the man. "Shut up!"