Chapter 3

Bell stood in the now foggy bathroom, hoping the steam would clear her head, that maybe she would forgot the days events. But she never would, she would never forget what she saw, what she endured. In her world of pain, nothing could ever top losing her daughter, but this certainly came in close second. Just as soon as she had found her men, she lost them just as soon.

She was trying to avoid Michonne and Andrea at all costs, once she got back to town she headed straight for their place and right into the bathroom. The Governor had made an announcement about 'what happened' to her men and she didn't wanna be around to hear it, she couldn't.

The man had explained his motives to her on the way back to town, how he had to do this for the sake of the town and how she now belonged to him, he wanted her to become one of his solders. She didn't want anything to do with him, she wanted to kill him and be done with it, but he had an advantage over her, he had her friends.

She looked up at the foggy mirror and wiped some of the steam off of it. She stared at herself in the mirror, in her eyes in particular. They weren't so red anymore from crying, but they looked tired, it reminded her of when she examined herself in the car mirror right before she ran into Rick and his group.

So much had changed from then, but she hadn't, and she wouldn't. She may be a soldier, but never in her life had she stooped so low, and she didn't plan on it now. And she certainly wasn't gonna let this man use her and her friends.

She knew what she had to do, she was gonna play the part, as best as she could, get her friends out of here somehow, and that's when she would do it. That's when she would strike.

The Governor was a fool, he should know better than to play with fire.

The next day The Governor was throwing a barbecue for the town. Bell sat on a bench, away from the crowd of people with a beer in her hand, she didn't want to interact with anyone here. She didn't even want to partake in it, but after yesterday and this morning, she deserved a beer.

To add on to the pain of losing her men, she got word this morning that Wells died in during the night, due to 'complications'. She knew it was a load of bull crap, most likely just a warning to the girl of what The Governor was capable of and would do to her friends if she crossed him.

Michonne walked up to the girl and sat down next to her, remaining silent. The dark haired woman noticed how Bell seemed to be avoiding her and Andrea. Any time Andrea tried to say something or comfort her, the red head would dismiss it or say 'I don't wanna talk about it.'.

She didn't blame her, even though it had been so long since Bell was separated from her men, the woman always talked about how she knew they were out there- that she would find them, so to discover them like that must have been hard.

But she couldn't help but feel like there was something else bothering the woman. They had always been able to read each other very easily, for as long as they had known each other, it just seemed to come naturally between the two. But this time wasn't like it normally was, and it drove her crazy, she wanted nothing more than to help her friend.

And there was something else that bothered Michonne, something that The Governor said yesterday before the two left to get Bells men. He said "..they're alive and well..". And yet, they weren't here, supposedly overrun.

Michonne nudged the red head and gestured to a man flirting with a brunette woman in the distance, it was clear even from here that the woman wasn't interested.

"Five bucks says he gets a kiss." Michonne really didn't care what happened between the strangers, but she was desperate to get some sort of smile from the girl. She was somewhat successful.