Chapter 9

When Bell reached the house she decided to take a much needed shower, scrubbing off the dirt, sweat, and exhaustion of the day from her.

When she got out she cleared the mirror of the fog and stared at herself. She kept thinking back to her and Daryls argument. She knew deep down she didn't mean anything she said to him, and she hoped he felt the same.

She heard a knock he the bathroom door and tightened the towel around her. She opened the door to see Maggie standing there with a pile of fresh clothes.

"We'll wash your stuff for ya, in the meantime here are some clothes of mine, I think we're the same size." She said with a smile, handing it to the girl.

Bell smiled back and took the clothes. "Thank you, I'll be down in a bit." The girl just nodded and left her to it.

Bell put on a pair of denim jeans, a black shirt sleeved top, and a red flannel. She figured she would just continue to wear he combat boots along with it. She put her wavy red hair in a braid down her back that reached a little ways past her shoulder. Anytime it air dried it got poofy and was even harder to control than usual. She placed her black hat in her tactical bag that she had grabbed before coming into the house.

As she placed in the hat she noticed the scarf in the bag already. She grabbed it and took it out. It no longer reminded her of only her brother, it now reminded her of Sophia. She wasn't sure how to feel about it, but for the time being she decided to place it back in her bag, and keep her thoughts away from it.

She walked into the living room to find out that Lori had gone to look for Rick, apparently he and Glenn went looking for Hershel earlier and still hadn't been back yet.

She went to the kitchen and grabbed a plate of food that Maggie had set aside for her and sat down at the table to eat. As she did Maggie came in and noticed the girl and gave her a smile. "Glad to see the clothes fit."

"Yeah, they do, thanks again  I really appreciate." She said to the girl. "Hey I just wanna say, I'm sorry for everything you had go through today. How y'all doin?"

Maggie just gave a small shrug. "Fine I suppose, lost them a long time ago, just never finished the job fully." She gave a sad smile. "How about you? You seemed to take finding Sophia pretty hard, and understandably so."

The girl just nodded. "Yeah, it's...been a long day. But I'm fine."

Maggie noticed her hand wrapped up. "What happened?" She asked concerned, gesturing to the girls hand.

She looked down to it and gave a small chuckle. "There was a patch of grass that needed to learn a lesson." She said with a smirk which received a chuckle from the girl. "And I, uh, may have punched Shane in the face." She said not sure what the girl would say.

This just made the girl chuckle even harder as she gave a shrug. "I slapped him earlier, seems like he's having a long day too."

This put Bell in a better mood, knowing that Shane got what was coming to him twice in one day. "I knew there was a reason I liked you, and it wasn't cause of the food and clothes." She said with a smirk.

The brunette just smirked back at her. "Touché." She said as she made her way out of the dining room.

The next day everyone was awake and caught up with the day before events. Lori had made it back to the house on account of Shane, with a few cuts and bruises from a car wreck. Beth had some sort of shock episode, and still wasn't feeling too great. But the most interesting thing was the new guest that Rick, Glenn, and Hershel had brought back with them.