Chapter 2

Flashback

Bellatrix stood at the end of her dugout, waiting for her name to be called. She watched as some of her teammates were already called and making there way to the center of the field to the pitchers mound, their parents on either side of them.

Bellatrix looked down to the ground and let out a small huff. It was senior night for her softball team, and her father wasn't there to walk with her. She wasn't exactly shocked by it, she was used to the disappointment that came with being related to him, but with a mother who bailed on her when she was little and a dead beat father, Bellatrix wasn't looking forward to walking out there on her own. But she would, and she would do it with her head held high.

She was two names away from being called to walk out when she heard a voice come from behind her. "Hey there Belly, hope I'm not too late."

She turned to see her brother standing at the entrance to the dug out, dressed in his army fatigues, a wide smirk on his face. Bellatrix ran to her brother and flung her arms around him. "What are you doing here? I thought you couldn't get leave to come here?"

Her brother was currently active in the US Army, he was stationed in Afghanistan at the moment. She had told him about her senior night months ago, in hoping he would be the one to walk with her, but he had told her he didn't get approved for his leave.

He just pulled back and smiled at her. "I wanted to surprise you, my flight got delayed so I actually just got off the plane and came straight here. You didn't think I would actually miss your last softball game of your High School career, did you?"

Bellatrix felt tears sting her eyes, she quickly looked up blinking back the tears. Her brother was always there for her when he could, he was more her father than her real one could ever hope to imagine.

"Bellatrix Ford!" Her name was called out over the field speaker. It was her turn to walk.

Abraham held out his arm to his sister. "Come on, let's do this thing."  Bellatrix smiled and hooked her arm in his and the two made there way to the center of the field.

After the senior night ceremony the team went to play their game. They won, which meant they were going to state. After Bellatrix got off the field she walked with her brother to her one cab truck.

"I was thinking maybe we could go somewhere nice to eat, maybe Italian or something?" Abraham said as they got into the truck.

"Or, we could go to Dixies and gorge out on burgers and milkshakes." Bellatrix smirked.

"Perfect." Abraham replied. As they drove to their favorite diner, the two blasted Johnny Cash, Daddy Sang Bass.

'Daddy sang bass, momma sang tenor, 

me and little brother would join right in there,

singin' seems to help a troubled soul

one of these days it won't be long

I'll rejoin them in a song

I'm gonna join the family circle at the throne'

When the two finally arrived, the ordered their usual, catching up about anything and everything.

"So what does the great Bell have planned for after High School?" Abraham asked, taking a sip of his milkshake.

Bell only shrugged. "I don't know, I got an offer with a school to play softball, but dad says it's a waste of time and money."