Chapter 4

Once the group arrived back at Alexandria, Rick gathered the rest of the town to meet up at the church to discuss what had happened at Hilltop. No one was against the idea of attacking the Saviors, except for one, Morgan.

Bell hadn't really had a chance to talk to the man, only passing words. He seemed like a good man, a peaceful man, she wondered how long he had made it this far.

After the meeting at the church, where it was decided they would carry out their plan to attack the saviors, Bell had been pulled to the side by Rick.

"I wanna know your thoughts on all this, you were in charge of units in the Army and planning things, you agree with Morgan?"

Bell shrugged. "I see where he's coming from, coming to them first might work, but it's also super risky. The way Jesus talked about them, and how they almost killed Sasha, Abraham, and Daryl, they don't seem like reasonable people."

Rick nodded. "So, you think what we're doing is right?"

"Back at the prison, the Governor attacked us first, and we lost people. And back at the hospital, Tyrese told me how you suggested just going in, no talking or deals, but you tried to stay peaceful, and we still lost Beth. Truthfully, I'm not sure what's right or wrong anymore. All I know is that I trust your judgment, and I'll do anything you need. It's like that talk we had before coming here, back at the barn, if it ends up being the wrong call, we'll share that blame together, all of us."

Rick nodded and put a hand on her shoulder. "Thank you."

Bell smiled and pat his arm. "Happy for you and Michonne, by the way. Saw it coming from a mile away."

He chuckled. "Did you now? And how is that so?"

"Y'all have a special connection, you're able to know what the other one is thinking or needs without even having to say. And you balance each other perfectly. I liked Lori, but she didn't challenge you like Michonne does. She's not afraid to call you out and say when you're wrong. And you're able to be an anchor that she needs when she gets distant. You both ground each other."

Rick smiled, grateful for someone as insightful as her.

Bell smirked. "Not to mention, I saw the way you always looked at her, that katana sure is interesting when it's just sitting on her back, isn't it?"

Ricks mouth opened, stuttering to find words. "Uhh, well no, I mean yes. It wasn't like that I was just...watching her back, you know, Walkers."

Bell laughed as she started to walk off. "Yeah, 'Walkers', sure thing bud."

As Bell made her way home, she was stopped by someone else, it was Abraham. "Hey Belly, you think we can go for a walk? I wanted to ask your opinion on something."

She shrugged. "Sure, apparently everyone needs my wisdom today, what's up?"

He sighed. "Well, I was just curious, no particular reason to be asking...but, how did you know Daryl was...'the one.'"

Bell snorted. "'The one'? When did you start getting so damn corny?"

"You know what I mean. I mean, how do you know you're not just settling, cause, well we don't have a whole lot to choose from nowadays."

Bell looked at him a bit confused. "I thought you like Daryl? That you were glad I picked him?"

"So you did hear our conversation, I knew it..." He mumbled the last part a bit. "I do like him, but still, how do you know?"

"Well, I'm not sure how to explain it exactly. With Daryl, I get a feeling with him that I've never had before. From the moment I met him I knew there was something special about him, and the more I got to know him and see how deeply he cared for others, my feelings started to deepen."