Chapter Five

"Wow you're a dramatic one, aren't you?"
I giggled and Xylus' wolf's eyes kept flashing from silver to red, and a growl had escaped his throat.

"Do not disrespect me!" His wolf's voice was an octave lower, so deep and so full of fury. He punches the wall beside my head, causing me to slightly flinch at the sudden sound.

He looked into my eyes, full of aggression then turns around and stomps back upstairs to his office. I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding and I heard steps from afar coming towards me. I turned to look at the source and it was the Gamma.
"How may I help you, smurf?" He rolled his eyes at me.

"My name is River." I put my finger under my chin, to act out as I was thinking.

"I missed out the part where I asked." He growled and ran his fingers through his hair.

"You're so infuriating." His voice had gotten louder, it was lingering in irritation.

"Maybe, or maybe you're just an easy target." I chuckled when I heard another growl escape his lips.

"Alpha wants me to escort you to your room, although I'm not sure why he isn't killing you, you're not planning to talk any time soon." He put my hands infront of me and had put the power handcuffs on me.

"Well, wouldn't you like to know?" I winked at him and he had a slight confusion on his face. He escorted me back to my room and slammed the door shut, locking it afterwards.

"Shut it harder, why don't ya?" I called out and cackled when I heard him snarl on the other side.

I laid down on the bed, closing my eyes as I thought about everything that led up to this moment.

All I saw was fire everywhere and vampire's fighting eachother...

I quickly opened my eyes, I didn't want to relive that horrible day.

I glanced around the room I was staying in, although it's more comfier than a cell, the feeling of imprisonment is the same. I didn't want to stay here, but the chance of escaping was slim to none.

I sat up on the bed, smirking to myself and made my way to the door and started banging against it as hard as I could while being handcuffed.

"hello?! Can you let me out now?!" I shouted out as my fists kept banging against the door. With my enhanced hearing, I heard loud footsteps making their way to my door, I backed away abit and the door slammed open. I smiled to myself internally to see it was the Alpha.

"What do you want?" He snapped and I put on my acting face.

"These handcuffs are starting to hurt me, Xylus..." tears were starting to form in my eyes, and I could see a spark of guilt in his eyes. His eyes closed and he took a deep breath. He looked to be having an internal battle with his wolf.

"Okay...I'll take them off for you." He sighed in defeat, taking the keys to the handcuffs out of his pocket and unlocked it.

"Now stop screaming." He spoke in an authoritative tone, giving me a warning with his intense eyes before making way to the door and locking it once again.

I felt my powers coming back strongly, I needed to strategise properly, I knew he would sense me the second I'm out the room, so I will wait till he is asleep, because his response time will be a few seconds longer and that would give me enough time to finally make a run for it.

The sun was setting, and I glanced at it in awe, the colours of orange, pink and purple mixed together made the view breathtaking.

I waited a couple of more hours, and before I know it, it was night time, the sky was dark blue with millions of tiny diamonds shining in the sky.

I knew the window would be locked tight, however, I used my powers and it swung right open. I climbed out the window, and jumped onto the ground. I wasted no time and and made a run for it, the silver was no longer in my system which meant I could use my maximum vampire speed.

I heard howls in the distance once again, but I was almost out of their territory and that meant it would be harder to track me. I saw the nearest town and quickly ran towards it.

I made my way to the docks, hoping to catch a ferry. I walked up to the ticketman and he gave me a polite smile. "How can I help you miss?"

"I was wondering if you could tell me when the next ferry to Ireland leaves?" I smiled back, he looked down at his computer and typed on it.

"The next one is the last one for the day and it leaves in 15 minutes. Would you like a ticket?"

"Yes please." I looked at him, my eyes turning red and he looked at me with fear in his eyes.

"You will give me the ticket and you won't remember this conversation." I compelled him and his eyes turned hazy then my eye colour went back to blue. He gave me the ticket and I ran to the ferry.

I sat down by the window in the cafeteria, I heard the announcer saying the ferry was about to leave and I sighed in relief, every second I stay here would put me in more danger.

No more running. No more Damian. And no more Xylus. But why did the thought of never seeing him again leave a bad feeling?

{EDITED}