Chapter Seven

I woke up to feeling the sun on my face, I slowly opened my eyes, squinting from the brightness. I got up, making my way towards the bathroom, and took a shower. Once I was done, I walked towards the wardrobe and opened it, shocked to see it full of clothes.

I put on a shirt and shorts and walked downstairs to see Aurora and Annalise in the kitchen talking to River.
I walked up to them with a smile on my face.

"Morning Annalise, Morning Aurora." Then I turned to face River. "Morning Smurf." He hit his head against the table. "I give up." He said and I smiled in victory, and Aurora and Annalise chuckled.

"Where's Eugene?" I asked and River checked his watch.

"He should be here in a few minutes." I nodded in understanding.

I smelled the familiar aroma, my heart skipped a beat when I saw Xylus entering the kitchen, he laid his eyes on me and I felt my face heating up, I quickly looked away.

He got some cereal from the cabinet, pouring it into a bowl then adding some milk. I saw Eugene entering the kitchen with a concerned look on his face, but before he could get a word out he looked at Aurora.

"Hey..." he gave her a big smile.

"Hi." She replied back, mirroring his expression, and her cheeks were a light shade of pink.

"What's your name?" He walked closer to her, forgetting anything he was previously about to say to Xylus.

"Aurora, and you?"

"Eugene-" he began talking.

"Fitzherbert." I finished, making Eugene narrowed his eyes at me and Aurora let out a light chuckle.

"Nice to see you too, sweetie." I chuckled and he rolled his eyes before looking back at Aurora, his eyes shining with happiness.

I could tell both of them were mates, I was so happy to see that they have finally found each other, I just wish that Xylus was happy to see me like Eugene was happy to see Aurora, I was so envious of her.

I looked at Xylus, he was watching the interaction, he was so hard to read as he always kept a straight face. He quickly left the kitchen and I narrowed my eyes in confusion, he looked quite bothered by it.

————————1 Week Later—————————
Today is the day that Aurora and Eugene were having their ceremony, whenever an Alpha, Beta and Gamma finds their mate, there's always a ceremony being thrown to officially make them apart of the pack and officially a Alpha, Beta or Gamma female.

I stood infront of my mirror deciding on which outfit to pick, then finally decided on a blue dress with a spaghetti strap and a split on the left side of my leg.

I walked out the door to see Annalise at the bottom of the stairs and I noticed Xylus about to walk out the front door but stopped and turned around to look in my direction. He had the usual stern expression on his face, I rolled my eyes and made my way downstairs, however, I missed a step, I closed my eyes waiting for the impact but it never came, I felt strong muscular arms wrapped around my body, I slowly opened my eyes and looked up to see Xylus securely holding me. We stayed in the same position for I don't even know how long, gazing into each other's eyes, this man was so hypnotising, I loved his eyes, and wished I could stare at them forever, I snapped out of my daze and quickly stood up and fixed my dress.

"Thank you..." I spoke up quietly and Xylus cleared his throat.

"Be careful next time." He replied back and walked back downstairs, Annalise looked at both of us curiously, then a small smirk appeared on her face and I felt my face heat up knowing she watched that entire encounter.

I quickly walked passed her and to the ceremony. I stood in the back as the ceremony was happening, no one took kindly to my presence as I was a vampire, I understood that and I didn't want to make more enemies. I saw Aurora walking up the stage as her name was announced, she was glowing, and so was Eugene, I turned to look at Annalise, she looked so proud and happy for her daughter. I thought of Annalise as a mother figure because my mum and dad died, she treated and took care of me like a daughter and I will always appreciate that.

I noticed someone walking up to me, he had grey dyed hair to match his grey eyes. "Hey I'm Theodore." He put his hand out for me to shake, I was slightly stunned that someone from the pack was actually talking to me.

"I'm Kiara." I shook his hand and he smiled at me. I felt a strong gaze on me, I looked around for the source and once I did, I saw Xylus staring at both me and Theodore, I smirked and turn back to look at Theodore.

"So Theodore, what is your rank in this pack?" I put my hand on his shoulder seductively, I secretly turned to look at Xylus again, I could see his wolf was fighting for control as both his hair and eyes were shining silver then going back to their original colour a few times. I knew I was provoking him but I wanted to see if he was going to do anything about it.

"I am a Lead Warrior." He smiled proudly, and I smiled in respect. "That's very impressive."

"Thank you, Kiara."

I heard loud footsteps coming towards us, I felt a hand on my wrist and I turned to see it was Xylus. Turning back to look at Theodore, he did look rather frightened of Xylus but kept a brave face in respect.

"Miss Kiara, may I speak with you?" He pulled me closer towards him and gave a warning look to Theodore.

"Yes, Alpha." He quickly dragged me away from Theodore, bringing me into the mansion and up to his bedroom, then loudly shuts the door, I crossed my arms and pouted. He turned to look at me and sighed.

"Don't do that." He spoke up

"Don't do what?" I acted oblivious.

"Never mind." He replied and I sat down on his bed.

"Why am I here, Xylus?" I looked at him and he was already looking back at me.

"The way you were touching Theodore was infuriating my wolf, I couldn't care less, but could you refrain from doing that for my wolf's sake?" He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration and that small action made me bit my lip, it was so attractive and I felt my body becoming hotter and more aroused.

Xylus definitely noticed my state as I saw his hands were in a tight fist with his eyes tightly closed, trying hard to restrain himself. Wolves can smell when another wolf or supernatural being is aroused, it's even stronger when it's the mate of the wolf.

I stood up and his eyes immediately shot up at me, I slowly walked up to him, like a predator with its prey. With every step I took he took another step back, I smirked at his state, his forehead became more sweaty. His back was towards the wall and I put my hand on the wall as I looked up at him. I had to be on my tip toes to even touch his face, I used my index finger to lightly trace his jawline and his eyes softly closed from the sensation.

"Is it really just your wolf that is infuriated? Or are you also infuriated at the possibility that there's another man that's interested in me?" His eyes looked down at me as he was breathing heavily.

"Just my wolf." He said shortly, making me chuckle.

"Hmm...so you're okay with another man interested in me?" My fingers traced down to his chest and his breath hitched at my action.

"Yes I am." His teeth gritted out the answer, I smirked to see that it bothered him so much. I pushed his head closer to mine, grabbing onto his hair, making him lowly growl. I moved my head closer to his neck, leaving a soft kiss over his skin.

"You would be okay if I did that with them?" I whispered in his ear, I felt his hands tightly on my waist, digging his nails into my skin, but it didn't hurt me.

"No." He growled, using one hand to grab my face and smashed his lips against mine...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you liked chapter 7!
Please vote and comment, it motivates me to continue!☺️

{EDITED}