Chapter Twelve

It's been a couple of weeks taking care of Blu, but his wing was fully healed, he never leaves my side and it started to drive Xylus crazy.

The sun was setting and I began to prepare lasagna and set up some vegetables and fruits for Blu. There was a familiar smell of rain and flowers, a smile instinctively crept onto my lips as I saw from my peripheral vision that Xylus took a seat by the dining table. Annalise, Aurora and Eugene came in a few minutes later, sitting opposite Xylus.

"Blu! It's time to eat." I called out and I heard a flapping sound coming nearer and flew on my shoulder. I looked at Xylus but he gave death glares to Blu, if looks could kill, Blu would be 6 feet under.

"Can I have a kiss?" Blu said in his cute parrot voice.

"Ofcourse sweetie." I gave him a light peck on his beak and I heard a low growl from Xylus.

"Take that thing out." He snarled, making me roll my eyes at his immaturity.

"No." I said shortly before taking a seat next to Xylus then gave Blu a piece of strawberry.

"You're MY mate goddamn it!" He snapped and I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh now I'm your mate? A couple of weeks ago you literally said I'm not your mate and the moon goddess made a mistake." I crossed my arms over my chest, narrowing my eyes at him. He slammed his hands against the table and walked out.

I gave Aurora, Eugene and Annalise apologetic glances and they gave me reassuring smiles in return, I stood up, putting Blu in his cage and ran after Xylus.

I saw Xylus walking to the forest, I used my vampire speed to gain up on him and go infront him, he stopped and glared at me.

"What was that about?" I questioned.

"Nothing." He said shortly.

"All of a sudden you are calling me your mate, where is this coming from?" I asked in frustration, rubbing my forehead to ease the headache.

"You are my mate, am I wrong?" He said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Oh please, you would barely acknowledge me and now you're calling me your mate? What a joke." I scoffed and looked away.

"Maybe I want you as my mate now..." he trailed off, for the first time, I could see in his eyes that he's genuine, I felt my heart skipping a beat but I didn't show on my face the affect his words had on me.

"You can't just change your mind like a switch Xylus, you don't understand how much you've hurt me since the day I met you. I know it's unorthodox for a werewolf and a vampire to be together, but we hurt the same way as a werewolf would hurt if our mate rejected us." I felt tears brim my eyes as I let out everything that was secured in my heart.

"I was willing to give us a chance while you pushed me away." I looked up at him, through my tears I could see the sadness and regret in his eyes.

I couldn't see how sorrowful he was any longer, I pushed past him but I felt tingles all over my body as his hand grabbed onto my wrist and spun me around.

I felt so much sparks when his lips landed on mine...

{EDITED}