Chapter Eight

Feeling his lips on mine was so euphoric and so passionate, but the kiss ended as fast as it started.

Xylus pulled back quickly, making me look at him with my sad filled eyes, an action so small had a big impact on my heart.

"Go." He took a couple of steps back, his voice was so cold and monotone, I looked down feeling my heart break with every second.

"Xylus, why do you keep pushing me away?" I asked, with desperation lingering in my tone.

"Get out, Kiara." He just avoided my question and I could feel his intense gaze on me as I avoided looking him in the eyes.

"The only one that is fighting this, is you Xylus." I took the courage and I looked straight into his beautiful eyes, as I felt my eyes getting glassy with tears. I pushed past him, brushing my shoulder against his arm aggressively, making my way towards the door and slamming it shut behind me.

I walked back downstairs to the ceremony as I'm trying to fight back the tears. I saw Eugene and Aurora walking up to me and I put on my best fake smile. "Hey guys! Congratulations!" I said, trying to sound excited for them.

Aurora was beaming, she was the happiest she's ever been while I was the opposite, but it was her day and I want her to be happy and enjoy her ceremony without having to worry about me.

"Thank you, Kiara." Eugene was nodding his head in gratitude.

Aurora was stepping forward and holding her hands out, she was about to hug me and I felt all colour drain from my face, if she hugged me, she could feel my emotions. I tried to step back but I was too late, she had her arms wrapped around me and quickly pulled back, holding her chest where her heart was with tears brimming her eyes. "Kiara..." Eugene looked at Aurora with a concern expression while trying to hold her up.

I couldn't say anything to her, It felt like all words had escaped my mind, I ran the opposite direction, into the forest, I didn't know where I was going but I had to get out of there.

I gradually stopped running when I spotted a waterfall, i went closer to it as I looked at it in awe, I sat on a large stone as I was taking in the view infront of me.

I looked down at my reflection in the clear blue water, staring deeper, I saw my reflection changing to a wolf, it was a golden wolf with both ears black, I gasped and swiftly turned to see if anyone was behind me then rapidly turned back again, the wolf in my reflection was gone, confusion filled my expression as I looked around once again

Who was that wolf? I wondered as I made my way back to the pack.

{EDITED}