Chapter Thirteen

My heart beat quickened as his lips moved against mine. He grabbed my cheek with one hand and the other held onto my waist tightly. I could feel the mate bond strengthen the more we touch.

I pulled away abruptly, I placed my hands on his chest stopping him from proceeding further. My eyes were only focusing on the ground, not being able to look him in the eyes.

"Is there something wrong?" He placed his finger under my chin, moving it up slightly to make me look at him.

"I can't do this...one kiss won't change every hurtful thing you said to me, Xylus." My hands were in a fist as I looked up into his eyes, I felt my body heating up as my eyes were full of rage and Xylus' eyes widened in shock from my state.

"Your eyes...it's golden." I turned to the lake, looking at my reflection , my mouth agape, it was indeed golden, it never happened before, my breathing quickened in panic, I looked back at Xylus and he stared at me in concern.

Everything was feeling closed in, I was getting dizzy and I did the only thing I could do in that moment. I ran. I ran so fast using my vampire speed to the mansion, ignoring Xylus calling out my name. I rushed inside my room and shut it behind me. I stood infront of the mirror but my eyes weren't golden anymore, they were a blood shade of red. I sighed in relief, contemplating everything that happened. I traced my lips, still feeling his soft plumped lips against mine. I shook away the thoughts and walk to my bed and laid down, letting sleep take over me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I heard a knock on my door, I groaned as I slowly sat up.

"Come in." I croaked out and I saw Eugene peaking his head in.

"Sorry if I bothered you sleeping Lun- I mean Kiara, I can come at a better time." He scratched his head in embarrassment. I shook my head, smiling reassuringly at him.

"No it's alright, come. Sit." I patted the space next to me on the bed, he looked slightly conflicted on whether he should sit down or not, but decided to anyways.

"Well...I want to propose to Aurora." He spoke up shyly, and I saw his cheeks were a light shade of pink.

"Congratulations Eugene! What can I help with?" I slapped my hands in excitement as I waited for his answer in anticipation.

"Well...I was wondering what kind of ring I should get her..." He questioned.

"Oh, well Aurora is definitely not the type that likes big or expensive things, simplicity is more her thing." He nodded in understanding.

"Just get her something from the heart, you don't need to do anything extreme, she will appreciate anything you do or give her." I patted his shoulder.

"Thank you Kiara." He smiled brightly, showing me his pearly white teeth, and I smiled back at him then he exited my room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple of hours later the sun was setting and I haven't left my room at all. I couldn't face Xylus after all that happened yesterday. I heard a scream, it sounded like Aurora, my heart dropped as I ran downstairs, gasping as I saw Eugene on the floor with Aurora towering over him, bawling her eyes out.

"What happened?" I asked in horror, seeing Xylus run in.

"I-I don't know we just walked in and he just passed out." She spoke out through the sobs. Before anyone could react, Eugene held up a ring box and my eyes widened in surprise.

"You're such an idiot." Aurora chuckled as she wiped away her tears.

"Only for you angel." Eugene caressed her cheek, anyone could feel the true love between the two of them, I felt envious of them. I glanced at Xylus but his eyes were already on me, I swiftly looked away to look at the couple.

"Will you marry me?" He pouted as Aurora finished playfully hitting him on the chest for scaring her.

"Yes you dumbass." She wrapped her arms around his neck and planted a kiss on his lips.

"I told you not to do anything extreme." I shook my head in disbelief as I chuckled and Eugene only shrugged as he had a cheeky smile on his face. He put the ring on Aurora and she stared at it in awe.

I congratulated the couple, glancing at Xylus once more, he was looking at me expectantly, but I ignored it and went back upstairs to my room.

{EDITED}