Chapter Sixteen

We slowly pulled away from each other and he gazed into my sapphire coloured eyes and I gazed back into his blue, purple eyes. "I want to make it up to you." Xylus spoke up, making me raise an eyebrow at him, in curiosity.

"What do you mean?" I questioned and he pulled me impossibly closer to him.

"I treated you horribly for a long time, I never meant to hurt you, but something happened to me a long time ago and when I saw that my mate was a vampire, I thought that the moon goddess was mocking me." As he said those words, I could see the hurt in his eyes, I moved my hand from his neck to his hair and gently ran my fingers through it, he closed his eyes and leaned his forehead against mine.

"Let's go back to shore." I spoke softly and he nodded in agreement.

After we swam back to shore, we dried ourselves off before dressing ourselves. We sat closely together on the sand, as we watched the sun set, i took a deep breath, feeling the air going through my lungs, and the wind blew gently through my hair. My thought went back to what Xylus has said and it had peaked my interest.

"Xylus..?" I called out to him and he hummed in reply.

"You said that something happened to you a long time ago, did a vampire do something to you?" I asked, he didn't say anything for a couple of seconds and I silently cursed for thinking that I may have overstepped my boundaries.

"A vampire has murdered my parents." He confessed and my eyes widened.

"W-what?" I stuttered, I had no idea how to respond to that.

"I don't know why the vampire would target my parents as I was really young to understand, but I do remember the vampire's name." he looked down at his leg, clenching his jaw. I could see his unique beautiful eyes flicker to red then back to his original eye colours repeatedly, i could feel the anger radiating from his body. I held onto his hand and gently caressed it; that seemed to have calmed him down a bit as he took a deep breath.

"What is his name?" I looked at Xylus' side profile, and he turned to look at me.

"Damian." The second I heard that name escape Xylus' lips, my breath hitched, as my eyes were filled with panic and Xylus seemed to notice my state as his eyes were filled with concern.

"Kiara? What's wrong?" he held both my cheeks and my eyes were becoming blurry as tears clouded my vision.

"He killed my parent's too." Tears cascaded down my cheeks and Xylus pulled me into his embrace, his comfort and the sound of his heartbeat made me calm down.

"Do you want to go home and get some rest?" He caressed my head softly, and I nodded my head in agreement.

He picked me up bridal style, I wrapped my hands around his neck as my head was still buried into his chest. He opened the car door, gently sitting me down in the passenger seat, he closed the door then made his way to his door and got into the driver's seat.

He started the engine and started to drive home. My eyes were only focused outside the window, I didn't utter a word to Xylus and he didn't try to make conversation with me which I was glad about as I didn't feel like talking.

The whole journey was a quiet one, the radio was the only source of sound, I sighed in relief as the familiar gate of the pack house came into view, the pack members recognised the Alpha and immediately opened the gates. Xylus parked infront of his mansion then switched off the engine. He opened his car door, closing it behind him then opened my car door, I uttered a tired 'Thank you' as I stepped out, I walked towards the mansion with Xylus trailing behind me.

I trudged up the stairs, I opened my bedroom door then turned around to face Xylus, he looked worried about me and I gave him a faint smile.

"Thank you for today, it meant a lot to me...I am sorry I ruined it." I looked down, disappointed in myself. Xylus put his index finger under my chin, moving it up to face him.

"It was the best day I have had in a long time Kiara." He smiled and I felt my face heat up from those words.

"Get some sleep." He lightly kissed my forehead, I smiled at the sweet gesture then nodded. He stepped away and walked down the hall towards his bedroom.

♾️

I looked around my surroundings, everything was dark and black. Suddenly, a bright light came into view, I squinted my eyes and saw a familiar person. It was the dead woman from my dream, my mouth was agape from how alluring she was, her deep blood red hair trailed down to her waist, her eye colour matched her red hair and she wore a beautifully long white dress.

"You've become a gorgeous young lady, Kiara." She spoke out, her voice was soft and angelic. Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I could see how similar she looked to me.

"Mum..?" My voice quivered and she smiled softly at me.

"I haven't got much time my angel but something terrible is about to happen and you must know how powerful you are." She revealed, I wiped my tears away as I stared at her in confusion. The familiar golden wolf came into view and stood next to my mum, she caressed its fur and it purred in delight.

"This is Orlena, your wolf." She stated and I shook my head.

"I am a vampire, I don't have a wolf." I stared at the wolf, my mum chuckled, melodically.

"Your father is a wolf sweetheart." I snapped my eyes to my mum, the memories of seeing this wolf came into mind, I saw the reflection of this same wolf by the lake, and my eye colour flashed golden as well.

"You're more powerful than you think, use your powers for good." she walked closer to me and my heart beat quickened with every step she took.

"I know you will become the best Luna you can be." she smiled tenderly, her eyes showed no lies, she was genuine.

"Remember, I am always proud of you my angel." She caressed my cheek, I closed my eyes, feeling at peace at my mother's touch. I opened my eyes and she was slowly disappearing.

The last thing I heard was "I love you."

{EDITED}