Chapter Six

————————One Year Later ————————
I walked into the shop, the sound of the bell rings as I opened the door. "Hey Annalise." She turned around, her silky brown locks was loose and went down to her hips, and her brown eyes were glowing as she smiled at me softly. "Hey Kiara." She turned back around, putting the flower seed into the plant pot and with a flick of a finger a couple of seconds later it turned into a beautiful purple flower.

I used my vampire speed to sneak up behind her and the second she turned around she let out a loud scream and almost dropped the flower, I quickly grabbed it before it reached the ground.

"Kiara! I told you not to do that!" Annalise held her chest to calm her breathing and gave me a playful slap on my arm, making me chuckle at her.

I sat on the table looking at her putting the flower on display. "And I don't remember agreeing not to do it." She narrowed her eyes at me and I put my hands up in surrender. I turned my head and noticed someone standing by the storage door. "Hey Aurora." I waved and she waved back. "She scared you again, didn't she, mum?" She smirked at Annalise.

"She keeps using her vampire speed to her advantage." Annalise rolled her eyes at her daughter. "Oh nice red hair by the way, Kiara." Aurora complimented me and I thanked her as I ran my fingers through my newly dyed hair.

I listened to the mother and daughter bicker back and forth, I looked down at the ground, thinking about everything leading up to this moment.

I arrived in Ireland with nowhere to go and I stumbled upon Annalise's shop, it seemed like she already expected me, she said that she had a premonition that a supernatural being, who wasn't a threat would need help. She helped me get back on my feet and gave me a job as a sales assistant at her shop and she also introduced me to her 18 year old daughter, they were both witches, Annalise can see the future and Aurora is an Empath, she can feel other people's emotions when she touches them.

There's not a day that goes by that I didn't think about Xylus, it is said that the longer someone is away from their mate, the more their bond breaks, but I never felt the bond break in the slightest, I just saw myself missing him more.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the plant pot hit the ground, I turned to Annalise, quickly moving towards her and holding her so she doesn't fall. Her eyes were pure white, Aurora ran up to us in concern for her mother. Annalise eyes finally turned brown again and breathed deeply. "Annalise, what did you see?" She took a few seconds to gather up her thoughts then looked at me. "I...saw a man, he had such a dark aura about him, his eyes were red...he was definitely a vampire, something bad is going to happen, it involved a guy with 2 different eye colour's..." My breathed hitched as my eyes widened, piecing ever word together. Damian is going into battle with Xylus.

"It's him, isn't it?" Annalise's eyes softened, and I nodded in defeat. "I have to go back." I turned around, making my way towards the door when I felt a hand on my wrist, I turned to look at Aurora. "You don't think we're gonna let you go on your own, do you?" I shook my head. "Nope, not gonna happen, I can't put you guys in danger." Aurora flicked my forehead, making me rub my head to ease the pain. "You're family Kiara, we are here for you." Annalise walked up to us and put her hand on my shoulder.

I sighed in defeat. "Fine...Annalise, do you have a potion for teleportation?" She nodded in agreement, walking into the storage room and coming back out with a blue potion in a tube and handing it to me. "Think about a specific place then smash it on the floor and it will take us there." I closed my eyes, thinking of exactly where to go and smashed it to the ground.