Chapter Eleven

"Wake up!" I heard a feminine voice shout, I stirred around uncomfortably, my ears sensitive to the loud sound cause of my enhanced hearing.

It was quiet for a few minutes until I felt someone jump on my bed, making me fall off my bed. I looked to the source with as my eyes were bloodshot red. It was Aurora.

"What the hell, Aurora?!" I spat out.

"I did tell you to wake up." She smiled innocently at me, making me groan.

"I thought vampires don't sleep?" She uttered, confusingly.

"Well I am a special breed of vampires." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Anyways, it's time for training." She stated and walked out of my door.

I washed up and got myself dressed and made my way out to the training grounds. Xylus again was training with his pack members, he spun in my direction and I froze, feeling my face burning up as he gazed at me, there was no intensity in his eyes this time, his eyes were gazing softly at me.

With my enhanced hearing, I heard something in the forest, my eyes widened at Xylus, he had concern lingering in his expression. I quickly ran to the sound as I heard Xylus call out to me. As I reached closer to the sound, I spotted a parrot on the ground, it was screaming out in pain as it opened their wings, trying to fly away. It looked at me as I gradually got closer to it, it didn't even try to move away. I carefully picked it up, trying not to touch their wings.

I smelt my mate coming closer and I felt my heart rate becoming faster. "Kiara, are you okay?" He looked with unease. I chuckled at him and he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Yes I am, I heard this parrot screaming in pain." He glanced down at the parrot then rolled his eyes in irritation. "So I ran after you, all this way, for a parrot." He snarled.

"No one asked you to follow me, Wolfie." I winked and that seemed to anger him more as he began to narrow his eyes at me, his eyes flashing red with rage and I rolled my eyes at his temper tantrum.

"I'm bringing this parrot back to the pack doctor." I walked past Xylus, towards the pack doctor.

"No you're not." He trailed behind me.

"You're not stopping me Xylus, so don't bother trying." I grinned in victory as I heard him quietly grumble.

I walked inside the pack doctor's building and into the examination room and a doctor was already inside, she had her hair in a messy bun and she gave me a smile and bowed down to Xylus, he nodded back then she gazed down at the parrot in my hands in confusion.

"I heard this parrot screaming in pain and I decided to bring it back for you to check what's wrong with it." She nodded in understanding and checked it.
She lightly grabbed one of the wing and the parrot started screaming again and I winced at the sound.

"Can you shut that thing up?" Xylus growled, making all the colour leave the doctors face.

"I-I'm sorry Alpha, I'll do my best." Her body was shaking in fear and I turned to look at Xylus.

"Just shut up Xylus, you're scaring her and she's just trying to do her job." I hissed and he squinted his eyes at me, I ignored it and turned to look at the doctor again, her eyes were widening in shock from mine and Xylus' altercation.

"So what's wrong with the parrot?" I asked anxiously, crossing my arms over my chest.

"There's no serious injuries, his wing is slightly wounded, I will clean him but he should rest for a couple of days to heal." I exhaled and smiled in relief.

"It's a boy?" I questioned and the doctor nodded, I took time to study the parrot, he had a mixture of black, white and blue feathers, it looked like a budgie.

"I'm gonna name him Blu." I said excitedly and I heard Xylus huff behind me.

"You're not keeping him." I turned around and his arms were crossed over his chest. He wasn't happy.

"Too bad I didn't ask you."

{EDITED}